Meijer Synthetic 5w20, 2009 Mercury Sable, 8%OLM

Status
Not open for further replies.
First UOA on my 2009 Sable. in March I changed out the Dealer's bulk oil, and Carquest red Filter, for some Meijer Full Syn 5w20 I had on hand, and an FL-400s.
now roughly 5 months later (short trips, live 4.5 mi from work)the OLM is down into Single Digits.(8% @ time of sample), after only 2,776mi.

UOA:
1stUOASable.jpg

VOA:
Meijer%2520Syn%25205w20.jpg

UOA .Pdf link
Thread with VOA of this oil

now I shall Reset the OLM, and Change the oil after my Vacation in early October. (that trip alone is 2200mi(hwy))

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I wonder why copper is a little high?
no idea, but the slight uptick in sodium makes me wonder if the dealer's bulk(that this replaced) is valvoline.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I wonder why copper is a little high?
no idea, but the slight uptick in sodium makes me wonder if the dealer's bulk(that this replaced) is valvoline.

I was thinking that this engine must have had an oil with a sodium add pack within the last couple of drains.
Virgin sodium content of various Valvoline oils ranges from around 300 ppm to 500 ppm.
Taking another look at your VOA, the Meijer house brand oil seems to be exceptionally clean.

new wrinkle today.
Check my email inbox, and there is an email coupon from the dealer where i bought the car for a complimentary oil change, in honor of my birthday. (which is today, #35) good only for this car, within the next 30 days.

I'm Perfectly content to leave the existing oil/filter in place until I get back from my October vacation(~6000mi on oil), but on the other hand:
Free oil change!... and New Fresh oil is better than 6 mo/3kmi old oil right?

Pretty sure their Bulk is either Valvoline, or a Mobil product(based on the brands listed on the distributor's truck I've seen delivering there, only other one listed is Motorcraft, which i doubt a Honda/Toyota dealer would use..)
and the Filter I took off this spring(that they put on) was a Carquest Red.

Good to see a Ford 3.5 in here, even if it was a low mile sample. We don't see too many samples posted for that engine. The miles in Blackstone's universal averages went up 400 miles since my sample last october.

Your sample looks good anyway, should be fine until you drain it later on. Thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back