Meguiar's Ultimate - Good Enough for Me

The stars finally aligned this weekend to allow me the time to do an actual hand wax job on the Ranger. Up until this point it just got rubbed down with Meg Ult Spray wax, which was doing a decent enough job until I got a chance to do some actual work.

Two clean cars in one weekend, that doesn't happen very often for me. The Acura just got a wash and spray wax since it had been hand waxed earlier in the year and its been sitting parked in the garage for most of the time. And that's poor 'Spot' in the background. My much loved, but not great looking 2003 Accord. That thing is a trooper. It is being used by the wife until she gets around to replacing her totalled Accord (Which happened 2 years ago, she's not in a hurry)

IMG_20210508_105342993_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210507_174328459_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210507_174255346_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
The stars finally aligned this weekend to allow me the time to do an actual hand wax job on the Ranger. Up until this point it just got rubbed down with Meg Ult Spray wax, which was doing a decent enough job until I got a chance to do some actual work.

Two clean cars in one weekend, that doesn't happen very often for me. The Acura just got a wash and spray wax since it had been hand waxed earlier in the year and its been sitting parked in the garage for most of the time. And that's poor 'Spot' in the background. My much loved, but not great looking 2003 Accord. That thing is a trooper. It is being used by the wife until she gets around to replacing her totalled Accord (Which happened 2 years ago, she's not in a hurry)

View attachment 56755View attachment 56757View attachment 56758
Liquid or paste?

I'm still convinced that a quality wax like MUW applied every 3 months is the best form of protection, certainly easiest and most cost effective.

I recently done a full wash, polish and applied a ceramic coating (Armour Shield IX). The results are good, however I don't think it really lives up to all the hype.

I'm still convinced that a quality wax like MUW applied every 3 months is the best form of protection, certainly easiest and most cost effective.

I recently done a full wash, polish and applied a ceramic coating (Armour Shield IX). The results are good, however I don't think it really lives up to all the hype.
I think the spray ceramics are just as easy of not easier.

Back