Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish $9/can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it's regular price or sale price or online order price at Walmart. I ordered a can. It's good stuff.

Our local Meijer is having it on clearance right now. Normally $12.99, I believe, it is on clearance for $6.99.

Works pretty good on a finish that is already maintained but hard to gauge durability of it against a more common spray wax that is cheaper per ounce and just as easy to apply.

I love this stuff! I hope it's that price in store, I will be stopping at the Niagara Falls, NY Walmart this week! The regular price is already amazing, at $12.99 but for $9 that's a no brainer!

I just hope they aren't selling it so cheap because Meguiar's wants to stop making it! (although that seems too soon to pull the plug)

I just wonder, if I do buy a can of it this time, it'll have to sit in the trunk of my car at the airport for 4 days, and the outside temp will be in the 15-29F range during those 4 days. Would this pose a problem storing the can in such cold temps?

I wait a few hours after after applying a sealant to make the finish pop by using Meguiars Ultimate spray detailer. If I just wax, I do it after waxing. I was thinking about using this in place of the detail spray. I bet it will make the finish pop even louder!

The combination of Ultimate Fast Finish and Ultimate Quik Detailer really makes the red paint on my car pop! Some people also combine UFF with Ultimate Quik Wax, so I want to give that a try too.

Originally Posted By: Patman
The combination of Ultimate Fast Finish and Ultimate Quik Detailer really makes the red paint on my car pop! Some people also combine UFF with Ultimate Quik Wax, so I want to give that a try too.

WOW! That red is so wet it's dripping!
20.gif

What year is your Vette?

It's a brand new 2018, I factory ordered it and picked it up on Dec 20th. I got lucky and had some nice weather for a couple of weekends, but now it's back in winter storage until the next thaw. Hurry up spring!
smile.gif

I love this stuff! I hope it's that price in store, I will be stopping at the Niagara Falls, NY Walmart this week! The regular price is already amazing, at $12.99 but for $9 that's a no brainer!

I just hope they aren't selling it so cheap because Meguiar's wants to stop making it! (although that seems too soon to pull the plug)

I just wonder, if I do buy a can of it this time, it'll have to sit in the trunk of my car at the airport for 4 days, and the outside temp will be in the 15-29F range during those 4 days. Would this pose a problem storing the can in such cold temps?

I'd be hesitant to do that, Patman, but I don't know for sure if it would actually hurt it? I know with my Opti car wash soap, just leaving it in my garage, which is usually around 40-50 degrees F, the soap will begin to look funny as it pales in those temps. I recently brought it into the house and the color came back, which was surprising to me as the product never froze, just got cold.

Place it into a cooler. This will moderate the temperature.

I think I am going to give this stuff a try right over my Collinite 845 Insulator wax come the spring?

I watched a few vids and it looks real easy to use but the results look great.
11.gif

Originally Posted By: Bear

That's exactly what I'm going to do! I have one of those square lunch bags that is padded pretty well inside so I figure that should help, plus I'll wrap it in a cloth as well.

Originally Posted By: Bear

That's exactly what I'm going to do! I have one of those square lunch bags that is padded pretty well inside so I figure that should help, plus I'll wrap it in a cloth as well.

I keep my BlackFire Wet Diamond paint sealant in the fridge. Also, here's a great tip; put a 3/8" SS or brass nut in the bottle. It acts as an agitator when shaking the bottle.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

You can't put anything into the Meguiar's can as it's an aerosol can with no easy way to open it up.

Yes, I knew this. I should have been more specific about my comment. I meant for bottles of wax/polish with removable tops.

They only had two cans of UFF left at the Niagara Walmart so I bought both of them. Hopefully the cold didn't hurt their chemistry! I also checked a Walmart in Naples Florida and they had none left.

Just got back from Wally World, they had the UFF on a clearance cart for $5.00, grabbed the last one, what's the deal is Meguiars phasing this out.
21.gif

Meguiar's director of global training, Mike Pennington, posted on the Meguiar's online forum and said this product isn't being phased out, it's still going to be sold at Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts, Pep Boys, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back