Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax vs. TW Ice Seal n Shine

My TW container is almost empty, so its time to pick out a new product. I have heard about ceramic-hybrid spray waxes, and would like to try one. I have heard good things about TW Seal n Shine; also the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

These are for the cars in my sig. The paint is not new at all, nor am I asking for a product to restore my paint to anything like new. I just want something that will last longer than the 2 months that I typically get out of my paste & liquid waxes. Have folks here noticed that these spray products extend the time they can go in between wax jobs?

I see also that TW has another product called Hybrid Solutions Ceramic; I'd be willing to try that also.

Since you're reading this, I'm also going to need a new jug of soap. I have been a faithful user of Meguiars Gold Class for years. Have any of you found a product that works particularly well with these spray waxes? I'd have no problem sticking with Gold Class, that's for sure, but I'm just asking...

Reactions: JC1
Oh great! Is he going to freeze them and then watch them roll down a tube?

Just kidding. I'll watch it and see what he says. Thanks for linking to it.

I found this video last year and decided to give TW hybrid solutions a try after watching it. Works pretty good.

I haven't tried TW seal and shine, bit a few members give it a thumbs up.

Interesting video. He did not leave them on for months outside, but he did apply 8 different waxes (including the two I've mentioned) and then applied three types of cleaner/remover products. The TW (EDIT: he tested TW Hybrid Solutions, not their Seal n Shine) did show excellent staying power, compared to the other products. I see why this convinced you of it.

The TW Spray N Shine did show excellent staying power
I posted this thought in another thread:

Back in November, I put down a layer of first gen Seal and Shine and topped it the next day with second gen ICE Spray Wax. So it's been between 3 and 4 months now. I go through a tunnel wash 4 or 5 times a week, since I bought the basic $15/month pass. Even if the car isn't dirty I go through again, because I can. The car looks just as shiny and beads water just as well today as back in November. Seal and Shine is no joke.

Been using this on the last half dozen cars.

M2716_ProHybridCeramicSealant_Label_web.png

Apply with a DA and foam pad. No residue to come off, just a quick wipe with a towel. Amazing shine. Can't say anything about the durability, but it's so easy to apply, not a big deal do every few months.

For a wash, they just came out with this.

G210256_HybridCeramicWashnWax_web.png

On sale at Advance for $17 plus a $5 rebate.

He did something similar to the PF video up above. He applied three spray waxes, and then used chemicals to remove them and then sprayed to see which section still had the most product. TW Seal n Shine did noticeably better than Meguiars Ceramic and Mothers CMX. Interesting.

Thanks, I think at this point I'll toss a coin and pick one of the TW products I mentioned.

Pan the Man, ;)

Reactions: JC1
For washing, ArmorAll Ultral SHINE wash & wax. And find something that can measure 1 oz fairly accurately because one oz per gallon of water is the proper mix. Two gallons of warm water and 2 oz is more than enough to wash any vehicle. At that rate you get 32 washes from one bottle. This stuff removes dirt, and leaves wax on the vehicle.

A really great trick to dry a vehicle is to use a powerful leaf blower. I borrow an electric leaf blower from one of my brothers. He said it is the most powerful electric one made. Blasts the rinse water right off. It's quick and leaves no spots.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As per the video a very good long lasting wax is Turtle Wax number 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray. This spray goes a very long way. It is hard to put it on thin enough to not leave streaks. But even if it streaks they seam to disappear in a week or two, and this wax last a very very long time. I waxed my CR-V with it the beginning of last November and it held up all winter. The water still beaded but I washed and waxed it for the first time this year last week and applied it again. When you apply this wax walk away downwind from the vehicle and spray it on a clean cloth ( microfiber is preferred ). Then wipe the cloth on the vehicle to apply it. This stuff goes on sooooooo thin you may think there is nothing there, but it is there and will last a very long time.

NEVER spray it directly on the vehicle. If you do it will be too thick and leave major streaks.

And if over spray gets on the vehicle windows it will leave little dots that are annoying you will have to use strong concentrate of dish soap with warm water and wipe it a long time to remove it. So be sure you are away and down wind from the vehicle every time you spray it.

If you use this product properly so it goes on very thin, one bottle will last a very long time.

TW Ice & Shine is what I've been using since it hit the shelves. It is so easy to use. I can have my Frontier completely waxed in less than an hour. And it won't stain plastic trim. Pretty much wipe on, wipe off. What's not to like. We keep it garaged when not in use so I can't say much about the durability when out in the elements all day everyday.

Seal & Shine for me.
Extremely easy to apply. Great shine and lasts 2-4 months. I've tried ceramic coatings and after the ease of S&S, they aren't worth it in my case.

Seal & Shine for me.
Extremely easy to apply. Great shine and lasts 2-4 months. I've tried ceramic coatings and after the ease of S&S, they aren't worth it in my case.
I have the same opinion of the ceramic coatings. I'd rather work a bit harder and have a product like Powerlock on the car. It lasts way longer than the two different Meguiar's so called ceramic products I tried.

I have the same opinion of the ceramic coatings. I'd rather work a bit harder and have a product like Powerlock on the car. It lasts way longer than the two different Meguiar's so called ceramic products I tried.
The durability of ceramic coatings is measured in years.

There are no coatings for sale at Walmart.

The durability of ceramic coatings is measured in years.

There are no coatings for sale at Walmart.
Maybe so, but not with the case of the two Meguiar's products I tried. I'd measure it in weeks on a properly prepped vehicle. If you're nailing me on the word "coatings" I was quoting wemay, and I think you got the point we were both making. ;) FTR I see TW is calling it a ceramic spray coating, so we aren't wrong. OTOH Meguaiar's calls a ceramic spray wax. I call the Meguiar's product a waste of my time and money.

It's important to make the distinction. Marketing has blurred the lines intentionally so it essential to be clear.

It's also important to note that soaps with gloss enhancers and other crap can mask the effects of your LSP so you think they're "dead" but they're not.

Also prep is the most important part. Something may last a year on a properly prepped car vs 3 months or less on a car with no prep.

If HCW only lasted you weeks vs Jescar, I suspect the distillates and the way you apply it helped create a stronger bond to the paint than the spray on - wipe/rinse off application.

It's important to make the distinction. Marketing has blurred the lines intentionally so it essential to be clear.

It's also important to note that soaps with gloss enhancers and other crap can mask the effects of your LSP so you think they're "dead" but they're not.

Also prep is the most important part. Something may last a year on a properly prepped car vs 3 months or less on a car with no prep.

If HCW only lasted you weeks vs Jescar, I suspect the distillates and the way you apply it helped create a stronger bond to the paint than the spray on - wipe/rinse off application.
I did a thorough prep/clay, etc. before using any of the products I mentioned. As I mentioned I wasn't impressed. Any of these coatings are a maintenance item, and I can't justify the cost of the higher priced boutique "ceramic" products which may or may not be better. I may experiment a bit more, or just stick with what has worked best for me, and not break the bank looking for the ultimate product. Like oil and filters opinions are going to vary.

Back