Meguiars Detailer "Deep Black Shine" on Purple Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
I'm going to wash, clay bar and wax (Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax) my dad's 07' FJ Cruiser.

The only spray detailer I have is the Meguiars detail spray for a deep black shine, can I use this to clay bar his FJ? It's a dark purple color.

Thanks, I'll Google a picture of an FJ of the same color.

aoq62f.jpg

14lsvsw.jpg

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Not a problem, knock yourself out!
cheers3.gif

Ok great, I'm not much of a detailing guy so I wasn't sure if it would make it look weird or something.

Don't waste spray wax on claying a car, just mix a few drops of dish soap in a spray bottle full of water. If you need more "lube" add another drop or two.

Well it worked out great, no weird coloring. The paint on the hood is oxidizing, I wish I got a before picture of this thing. It's been over 1 1/2 years since it's had any kind of washing except rain. It's never been waxed before either. The sides are carved with scratches from driving in the desert and forest. After clay-barring I waxed it with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax.

This thing goes out in the desert or forest every weekend in the dirt, mud, snow, ice, rain, you name it. Looks a lot better now.

b49kp3.jpg

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
The only spray detailer I have is the Meguiars detail spray for a deep black shine, can I use this to clay bar his FJ? It's a dark purple color.

Perfectly fine for any color. I think they chose black since it shows the gloss and reflections the best. Compared to white or silver but that product is fine for those as well. Good catch though, I'm surprised they even mention color. I think their marketing dept got a little creative on that one.

Keep it washed regularly and the truck will look good for a long time. Try Megs Ultimate Spray Wax next time. More protection than the detail spray and quicker than using a traditional wax.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
The paint on the hood is oxidizing
Really?
Well, the metal part of the hood looks pretty good but I suspect it'll start to go in a couple years.

The part that's oxidized is the plastic part in the front. This paint has never been maintained at all since my dad bought it. It's his off-road machine and doesn't care much.

rirxuw.jpg

2uz6w6p.jpg

Ultima tire and trim guard+ or Car Pro Dlux would be worth a try. Getting anywhere from 6-9 months in the florida sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back