Meguiars D110 Hyper Wash Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a new gallon of D110 Hyper Wash. The gallon I'm finishing up now is distinctly red and the one I just got is distinctly amber. Cause for concern? Change in formulation?

Just a change in Dye!
smile.gif

Yeah, maybe they changed the formula(surfactant content to water) but, it's probably the same stuff!

I ordered two gallons last month. I can check the color for you when I get home on Monday.

You can also post on Meguiars Online and/or ask Michael Stoops.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Is this D110 stuff better than Gold Class or just less expensive?

Mainly less expensive. But Gold Class also seems to contain a decent amount of gloss enhancers, which is really a negative for cars that have been coated with paint coatings (such as Opti-Coat, CQuartz, Modesta, etc).

I am at approx 50 cents per wash with Gold Class, but at under 25 cents per wash with D110.

The best shampoo I've used, to date, is CarPro Reset. No gloss enhancers and very strong cleaning ability, but it is too expensive for frequent usage.

I've switched to using Meguiars D114 Rinseless for most washing, and D110 if I have to do a traditional wash. CarPro Reset gets reserved for maintenance details on coated cars.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Mainly less expensive. But Gold Class also seems to contain a decent amount of gloss enhancers, which is really a negative for cars that have been coated with paint coatings (such as Opti-Coat, CQuartz, Modesta, etc).

I am at approx 50 cents per wash with Gold Class, but at under 25 cents per wash with D110.

The best shampoo I've used, to date, is CarPro Reset. No gloss enhancers and very strong cleaning ability, but it is too expensive for frequent usage.

I've switched to using Meguiars D114 Rinseless for most washing, and D110 if I have to do a traditional wash. CarPro Reset gets reserved for maintenance details on coated cars.

Is there any benefit to using CarPro Reset on cars that are using Reload or Hydro2 exclusively, or does the cost equation negate that?

Last edited:
Bought a gallon of Hyper Wash in 2011, it was a lighter red/orange color. In 2014 I bought another (yea it last that long!) and it was bright red. Still feels the same.

I just checked - both of mine are light red/orange color and they were from 2 months ago. I would call the vendor that you purchased from.

Originally Posted By: eugenem

Is there any benefit to using CarPro Reset on cars that are using Reload or Hydro2 exclusively, or does the cost equation negate that?

Probably not - but that is just my personal opinion.

I work for an auto body jobber; we sell a good amount of the Hyper Wash. I've seen the color variance, doesn't seem to correlate with manufacture dates, and we haven't had any negative feedback on performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back