Meguiars cleaner wax named best value by CR

Status
Not open for further replies.
CR named the meguairs cleaner wax a "best buy" in their current issue. This is what I use on all of my cars, it works great.

Last edited:
I have some but in my experience it only lasts about 2 weeks or so. Not durable enough, and it's a white residue monster, very dusty too. Does leave a good end result though, no "greasy chicken" look.

This one?

p84686z.jpg

I've been using that or the Gold Class liquid wax. I like the results of both.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cchase
I have some but in my experience it only lasts about 2 weeks or so. Not durable enough, and it's a white residue monster, very dusty too. Does leave a good end result though, no "greasy chicken" look.

you guys are using this as a "wax"? holy [censored]! hahahahahahhahaaaa! this thread kills me!! aaahahahaha no wonder it only "lasts 2 weeks", it's intended to clean the paint, the same way a clay bar "strips" contaminants from paint. This stuff is intended to be part of a cleaning process followed up with a wax to seal the paint.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stanley Rockafeller
This stuff is intended to be part of a cleaning process followed up with a wax to seal the paint.

You are wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!

Readying the bottle... "Meguiar's Clearner Wax is the versatile, easy way to clearn, polish and protect all automotive paint finishes in one easy step!"

There are other products that are part of a multi-step process, but this isn't the product. Check your facts before you make yourself look stupid. hahahahahahhahaaaa!

you guys are using this as a "wax"? holy [censored]! hahahahahahhahaaaa! this thread kills me!! aaahahahaha no wonder it only "lasts 2 weeks", it's intended to clean the paint, the same way a clay bar "strips" contaminants from paint. This stuff is intended to be part of a cleaning process followed up with a wax to seal the paint.
no its not, you are clueless. Go here meguiarsonline.com and read for a while. Maybe you are thinking about Deep Crystal step 1 paint cleaner...

To be correct, the Meguiar's Cleaner Wax 05701 was ONE
of the CR "Best Buys".......Nu-Finish Liquid NF-76 and Mothers
California Gold Liquid Carnauba Cleaner wax A1216 abd the Nu Finish NFP80 Paste wax were ALSO named CR Best Buys with the statement that the top scorers in the paste wax category were more durable,,,,,and the NuFinish Paste Wax scored a couple points higher than the Meguiars A1216 liquid which was ranked FOURTH in the liquid category. NONE were rated "excellent" and NONE were stated to last more than 2-3 months. Always more to the story than convenient excerpts and brief sound bites isn't there !!!!!

Originally Posted By: barlowc
This stuff is intended to be part of a cleaning process followed up with a wax to seal the paint.

You are wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!

Readying the bottle... "Meguiar's Clearner Wax is the versatile, easy way to clearn, polish and protect all automotive paint finishes in one easy step!"

There are other products that are part of a multi-step process, but this isn't the product. Check your facts before you make yourself look stupid. hahahahahahhahaaaa!

you guys really amaze me hahaha! remind me to never purchase a used vehicle from you guys!! hahahaaahaha!
I'm sure you are the ones who 4-5 winters later wonder "why is my car rusting and/or fading fading? I use a CLEANER wax on my car whever I can".

Sheesh, you guys are also probably the same guys who use the magnetic gas fuel saver too eh!? aaahahah!

you guys kill me!

Stanley Rockafeller, what are you even talking about? The wax in question is a one-step deal. The use of it isn't going to lead to rusting, fading, or otherwise. Rather than be such a ****, share some useful thoughts. What's the problem with using the wax as it is intended to be used?

I use other waxes with that...but-

I've waxed cars for other people and know this wax lasts longer than two weeks....

I think first we have to establish how durability is being measured and what the characteristic of the wax is, otherwise it's a moot point.

It's a cleaner wax and not made for long term durability, it should be topped with a good wax.
thumbsup2.gif

Does it work well as a cleaner and can it perk up dull faded paint? Or can you guys suggest something better that can be ultimately topped off with Collinite 845 for example?

Originally Posted By: cchase

It is a wax.

Meguairs cleaner wax has been on CR's top wax list a couple of time over the years as was Nu-Finish. They each would be eclipsed by other products over the years only to return. I beleive not long ago, CR rated BLACK MAGIC Wet Shine their top pick. Where is Wet Shine in the ratings now? Was it tested? Just curious!

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
demar you would be better off using Color X. It is remarkable what it does for faded paint!

Thanks. I did and have one faded back door on my van that gets lots of sun because of how its parked under my carport. I applied Color-X twice and it didn't help, the rest of the van looks great.

In my experience, this wax will last about 2 month's in Colorado weather, its very easy to apply and comes off very easy. I've had no issues with residue or smearing. For the price, around 7 bucks, its great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back