Meguiars Clay Bar, Results.. A+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked GREAT! This is my 95 Taurus, Bought it for 17$, The difference is unbelievable! The paint feels so smooth and looks so deep!

I washed it, then did the clay bar, then waxed it.

Highly Recommended!

FTRT.jpg

RTSide.jpg

LSIDE-2.jpg

RTBK.jpg

LFTBK.jpg

Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
Originally Posted By: Johnny
That is a very nice looking 95.

Agreed!

Next time try some Clay Magic from AutoZone. Works as well, if not better, and cheaper.

I agree. The clay Magic is a better product than the Meguirs as well as being cheaper. get the Blue though, not the Red. the Red is too rough. The Blue is the fine.

Originally Posted By: AdRock
Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
Originally Posted By: Johnny
That is a very nice looking 95.

Agreed!

Next time try some Clay Magic from AutoZone. Works as well, if not better, and cheaper.

I agree. The clay Magic is a better product than the Meguirs as well as being cheaper. get the Blue though, not the Red. the Red is too rough. The Blue is the fine.

Well.... considering Meguiars clay bar most likely IS Clay Magic......

Agree on the blue vs. red, though. Red clay is more aggressive and marketed to pro detailers and body shops. You won't easily find red clay in retail stores. Blue clay is milder and easier for the average person to use.

Nice job on the Taurus!! Just so I'm clear, did you buy the Meguiars clay or the Taurus for 17 dollars?

I had used that too on some previous cars and while it worked good, I liked the ease of use and forgiving nature of the Mothers Bar for sun better. If you have the shade available the Meguiars is fantastic. If not I use the Mothers.

For what it is worth I am a Meguiars fan over Mothers for all but CLAY. Hats off.

If you never tried to clay your car, TRY IT is is fantastic.

Nice. If your windshield isn't smooth, claybar it too. It's a lot slower than clay barring paint but worth it. The wipers will glide over the glass like it was new glass and the glare will be reduced.

XS650, Really, great idea, I am going to do this later.

I bought the Meguiars for 17$, the car was a pretty good deal also at $1350 out the door after tax, tags, and DMV fees... :D

I hope to keep the car for awhile,(Its condition for a 95) so i like to treat it like part of the family. :D

Last edited:
If you haven't already done it, put a baggie or sandwich wrap over your hand and run it over the surface while the lube is on it. You will feel stuff in the paint you never felt before.

A high mileage windshield feels like sandpaper when you check it that way.
shocked2.gif

I am a firm believer in clay after learning about it and finally understanding how it is used and what it is for (thanks Bret)

I highly recommend a clay bar session if you have not done it before. I have used the megs smooth kit, mothers clay, and the turtle wax clay bar, all did what I need them to do

It does look nice especially considering the age. A machine polish by a pro would really bring that paint alive and blow you away. Nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back