"Meets and Exceeds". Let's look at QS for a minute.

If I’m not mistaken none of those are approvals. Some are licenses and some are specifications.
In that case, why did they throw in the "RECOMMENDATIONS" language in there? It makes it sound like it may not be meeting some of these specifications but instead is just "recommended for."

In that case, why did they throw in the "RECOMMENDATIONS" language in there? It makes it sound like it may not be meeting some of these specifications but instead is just "recommended for."
That's a good point, but they don't do that on the container. That PDS title seems like a stock title. It's kind of a catch-all for everything and if you've read my posts before you know I don't like that either. Some manufacturers and blenders do a better job for sure.

Last edited:
He’s impossible.....really
What am I incorrect about? If you would have made a post that was part of this thread (such as how Red Line labels their containers or PDS) then I'd never have made my comment. This thread isn't about how awesome you think Red Line oil is.

Just Another run off of the mouth like your good at !!!!
Redline stands on its on TWO FEET !!!!

They don’t need my help I can assure you of that !!!!

They can back up their stuff anyday of the week !!
I never said it couldn't.

What a rant. If Red Line doesn't need your help then let it go, I don't think you're helping much.

I was going to post but realized I would probably be beating a dead horse and opted out, but wanted to leave something there besides a period after the edit.
marsattacks.jpg

*Looks like ALL of the QS synthetic oils are now just "average" against wear ? Go figure ...

Looks like is says “meets or exceeds”, not “meets and exceeds”. There is a difference, still good oil.

I think if it meets or exceeds Dexos1 Gen 2, it should pretty much exceed all other listed manufacturer's approval and API SP, no?

I don't think we need to get lost in the verbiage unless we're looking for an oil that only exceeds the requirements of listed manufacturers' approvals.

I think if it meets or exceeds Dexos1 Gen 2, it should pretty much exceed all other listed manufacturer's approval and API SP, no?

I don't think we need to get lost in the verbiage unless we're looking for an oil that only exceeds the requirements of listed manufacturers' approvals.
Ultimately it does if one is trying to determine if a product actually has the approval or not. Otherwise we’re back to the obfuscation games. It’s not possible to easily verify all approvals.

Ultimately it does if one is trying to determine if a product actually has the approval or not. Otherwise we’re back to the obfuscation games. It’s not possible to easily verify all approvals.
I am comfortable taking it on principle that if an oil company lists that it meets X Auto Company's requirements that it actually does.

Why? Because I'm sure X Auto Company's lawyers would be chomping at the bit otherwise and it would behoove that auto company to routinely test samples that say that they do to see if they could wrap up that oil company in court for false advertisement and "safety issues"

Back