Meet: Nissan

I posted a thread on my many year companion Dr. Seuss. He was fighting cancer for a few months and passed away recently.

The home turned into a house - and it’s simply did not feel the same so I knew what I needed to do:
73C74B99-DE35-416B-9AAF-7B6DF3CFAE64.jpeg

I am adopting him from a nonprofit foster only rescue group some miles from where I live, but I would travel across the
country for this guy.

He is fully vetted and ready for his FUREVER home.

It has only been nine days but this is the right thing to do
so I did it - submitted an application, got approved and 9 o’clock tomorrow he is coming home.

I feel very blessed for the opportunity 🙏

I will, of course post more pictures, and I will probably update this thread for some time as his progression and growth and personality emerges.

Last thought, it I might change his name to: Kia 😂

Cats are the evil of the pet world. I have cats over the years and enjoyed them.

I like to think of him as the good old days Nissan lol

The last Nissan that I was kind of interested it was a 2003 maxima with a 3.5 L. And traditional five-speed automatic or it’s luxury cousin, the I 35.

But my late 90’s 200 SX SE-R I will remember for the rest of my life. 140 some horsepower in a car that weighed touch over 2000 pounds was ridiculous at the time.
And to boot the SR 20 DE engine was a 7000+ RPM screamer. ♥️

Now today, four-cylinder CVT uninspiring driving dynamics I’ll pass 😛

This thread gave me an idea if in the snowball's chance in hell I get a black male cat, I'll name him Lincoln.

But my late 90’s 200 SX SE-R I will remember for the rest of my life. 140 some horsepower in a car that weighed touch over 2000 pounds was ridiculous at the time.
And to boot the SR 20 DE engine was a 7000+ RPM screamer. ♥️
I had the same car. A 1996, 5 speed manual. It was a blast and I still think about and miss it. Loved that engine too. Mine was teal green. How old is the kitty?

Congrats on your new companion! Unfortunately I am allergic to cat dander and I break out and sneeze big time.

Many people give up on getting another pet after one they have had with a full life passes. I have always had, pure bred dogs and when my Weimeraner of 12 years passed, my vet encouraged me to get another dog. I was skeptical at best, but he told me about all the pets that need good homes. I finally succumbed and adopted a mature pitbull mix. She has been a fantastic dog. Super loyal, very smart and understands almost by intuition, lots of commands, and physical gestures.

Let us know more after you pick her up and how she adjusts to her new found home with your family.

You could always name her Datsun......LOL.

Last edited:
cats can be good companions + my sis had-has several BUT i love dogs + my girlfriends Bischon that spends a lot of time with us -me is great!!! hes non typical smaller dog getting walked from puppyhood + NOT neutered he is still frisky at 11 YO + walks daily!! we all love + enjoy our furry friends!

He hit the jackpot when you showed up sir. And so did you. Nice looking cat and you are so fortunate to have him in your world. Regards to you sir.

Another fun fact is nissandotcom is a domain created by an Israeli man with the last name Nissan. Nissan the car company has been suing him for decades to try to get that domain name. That’s why they use nissanusadotcom instead.

Another fun fact is nissandotcom is a domain created by an Israeli man with the last name Nissan. Nissan the car company has been suing him for decades to try to get that domain name. That’s why they use nissanusadotcom instead.
As it turns out, looking back with perfect hindsight they probably should have stuck with the Datsun name.

Back