Meet My FRAM Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quit using Fram orange cans for two reasons:

1). My Ecotec engine always had valvetrain noise at startup, real bad. I assumed it was a quirk of the engine. Wal-Mart was sold out of CH9018s one time, so I got a Purolator L15436. Poof! Startup rattle gone. I never went back to the CH9018s.

I assume this was the infamous "little o-ring" problem.

2.) My '67 Beetle is converted to spin-on filtering. I used to use Fram orange cans, and the oil idiot light would stay on for a disturbingly long time after start up. Then I got a Purolator with an oil deal at Advance. Poof! Oil idiot light would go out during cranking, within just a few revolutions.

I assume the Fram's ADBV was insufficient.

I haven't gone back to Fram since.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
I quit using Fram orange cans for two reasons:

1). My Ecotec engine always had valvetrain noise at startup, real bad. I assumed it was a quirk of the engine. Wal-Mart was sold out of CH9018s one time, so I got a Purolator L15436. Poof! Startup rattle gone. I never went back to the CH9018s.

I assume this was the infamous "little o-ring" problem.

2.) My '67 Beetle is converted to spin-on filtering. I used to use Fram orange cans, and the oil idiot light would stay on for a disturbingly long time after start up. Then I got a Purolator with an oil deal at Advance. Poof! Oil idiot light would go out during cranking, within just a few revolutions.

I assume the Fram's ADBV was insufficient.

I haven't gone back to Fram since.

I've been doing the oil changes on my vehicle for 2 years now. All I have ever used is the orange can. I don't have any start-up issues or any weird noises coming from my engine.

LOL ... BITOG must be rubbing off.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
LOL ... BITOG must be rubbing off.
laugh.gif

Nah, I was just tired of looking at it on my shelf in the garage, so I decided to use it and get it over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back