Meet My FRAM Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
All for my Ford Edge SEL

ce6a7135a724ecd19b3286e6531be384.jpg

I wouldn't mind the 2 XG's, but the Orange can(PH), Tough guard(TG) and High mileage(HM) are usually frowned upon in these parts. That being said, looking at your previous posts I suspect your intentions are less than good.

FRAM doesn't make the DoubleGuard anymore. I think they finally wised up to the fact that it was an idiotic idea in the first place.

Of course, the "High Mileage" flavour isn't a whole lot better... :rolleyes:

I find some merit in the TG. Very good media performance for cellulose based product; high efficency and holds a lot grams for it's cost ratio. Silicon ADBV, too. The dreaded fiber end-cap which, while I would prefer metal, does not scare me the way it does many others. If not for the non-metal cap, what would be the (percieved) problem?

I really like the new Ultra, but I don't run any OCIs long enough to warrant it's use.
The HM I don't care for, because I don't want additives in my filter.

Last edited:
I think the Extended Guard/Ultra's are the bomb.

You can't get Motorcraft cheap up there like we can down here, can you?
frown.gif

Try to run the silicon ADBV variations in the cold months anyway.

The High Mileage might be good for throwing at the neighbor's cat, but I can't think of any other use for it.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Scorch
I wouldn't mind the 2 XG's, but the Orange can(PH), Tough guard(TG) and High mileage(HM) are usually frowned upon in these parts. That being said, looking at your previous posts I suspect your intentions are less than good.

My "intentions" are neutral.

Sounds like you have a problem with me liking FRAM?

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

frown.gif

PITA to go to the Ford dealership where I live.

I can't believe I never noticed this but the EG is the only one without a cut out. Even Fram knows that a shiny Orange can will sell better than if the contents were shown lol
28.gif

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
Originally Posted By: KCJeep

frown.gif

PITA to go to the Ford dealership where I live.

down here in the states you can get motorcraft filters @ most of the parts chains, and @ walmart.

The FRAM that caused the cold start knocking on my VW was the "expensive model"... don't remember which one exactly but it was the pricier model. I can't imagine what base model would do... I don't use them anymore.

Looks like the FRAM marketing department has been busy.

I've never had an issue with the orange can. Actually, I have the orange can on my car right now. I suspect there are many other BITOG'ers who have the orange can on their vehicle and just won't admit to it. They "say" they have a WIX, Purolator, Mobil, Bosch, etc; but in reality the orange can exists.

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
I've never had an issue with the orange can. Actually, I have the orange can on my car right now. I suspect there are many other BITOG'ers who have the orange can on their vehicle and just won't admit to it. They "say" they have a WIX, Purolator, Mobil, Bosch, etc; but in reality the orange can exists.

I don't think there's a whole lot of "filter fibbing" on BITOG.

Orange cans work fine (one's on my lawnmower -- cheaper than B&S), but for cars, $3.27 for a Purolator Classic gets my vote, in that class of filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back