Medication

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering with some of you very picky on what oil you use do you have the same feeling on any medication you use or do you just settle or the cheapest...generic...

None. I refuse to spend a dime for $3/each medications that my doctor pencil whips out on her pad. Most of them ..no..make that all of them have no generic alternatives.

Brand name oil
Generic medicine

It is a little bit different since generic meds have the same active ingredient. I would consider all ingredients in motor oil to be "active" and they vary from brand to brand.

Yeah and when I answered I was thinking more of Tylenol and other OTC stuff. Not prescriptions.

Though I have taken claritin for years. First as a RX and then as a generic OTC.

Generic. My wife and most physicians I know have no issue in prescribing them, so I have no issue taking them. For OTC stuff, you better believe it. Although, I am a bit conflicted when buying private label stuff. The retailers have a much higher profit margin on that stuff, from what I've read.

I know that generics are sopose to me the saem but there could be a quality of ingredients they use that might not be the same...

I'm on 3 different medications that I have to take on a regular basis for the ailments I have (not serious), and would cost me a small fortune if I had to pay for them. Problem is that my Health Benefits from work will only pay for the "Generic" version if one exists and if there is no conflict with using it versus the "Real Thing"

I haven't had any problems with "Generic" drugs because I think there is more controls in place than you would have with a Motor Oil.

After all... Engines can be replaced, we can't!
wink.gif

I go generic on OTC and prescription. I even found something to replace Lipitor (no generic Lipitor available)but there are generics of other medications that do the same thing.

My test results are as good as with the Brand Names.

Another vote generic. Whatever works w/o putting me to my grave.

In regards to medicines, ever notice there's no such thing as "strength"? You have to buy "extra strength"!?

That's because we all have unique situations that have never happened before, to anyone else and required much more "Extra Strength" of a product to work!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: labman
Does anybody else hate blister packs?

OH ..man ..those pick and peal backings... I want to personally thank the safety engineers that came up with that feature.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: labman
Does anybody else hate blister packs?

OH ..man ..those pick and peal backings... I want to personally thank the safety engineers that came up with that feature.
mad.gif

Yeah it's so safe you can't get into it yourself! Forget about intentionally overdosing!
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back