Media Gallery add-on

I downloaded pic of your dogs and it was already small in size (262KB) for how large the pic is.
I wanted to know if I reduced it additional 50% in size with my image software to 131KB and see what the difference in quality was.
I can't really tell. This is just a small example what people can do to save storage and still present quality pics.
20210305_193803686_iOS.jpg

I downloaded pic of your dogs and it was already small in size (262KB) for how large the pic is.
I wanted to know if I reduced it additional 50% in size with my image software to 131KB and see what the difference in quality was.
I can't really tell. This is just a small example what people can do to save storage and still present quality pics.
Pictures in internet forums only require very small images to get the point across. We have many .png files uploaded every day that are 1MB+ which is completely unnecessary, as a 50k jpg would work just fine.

Pictures in internet forums only require very small images to get the point across. We have many .png files uploaded every day that are 1MB+ which is completely unnecessary, as a 50k jpg would work just fine.
I'm positive there are add-ons that compress, re-size, etc images that users upload. Might be something to look for 🤷‍♂️ From other posts and threads, it seems like a decent amount of members don't know where to start at compressing or re-sizing images on their own.

I'm positive there are add-ons that compress, re-size, etc images that users upload. Might be something to look for 🤷‍♂️ From other posts and threads, it seems like a decent amount of members don't know where to start at compressing or re-sizing images on their own.
If I could recommend to everyone one image software it would be free IrfanView. It's my go to software for at least 20+ years and I used it extensively in my last job as Web Dev for 12 years. It's very lightweight, capable, easy to learn and use compare to others. And if you download plug-ins for it you can play MPEG, WAV and open many files with different extension types. I can't imagine being without it.

We do use a XF add-on that does this, but it's not automated. I spend about 10 minutes every morning converting all the .png files from the previous day to .jpg. I wish it has some degree of automation.

If I could recommend to everyone one image software it would be free IrfanView
I used that when I used Windows. Using Macs now and the built-in Preview resizes images quite well. A lot of people seem to only use their phone or tablet. I'm a nerd and on my iPhone, I don't think there's a built-in image re-sizer at all. You can CROP images but not re-size them.

We do use a XF add-on that does this, but it's not automated. I spend about 10 minutes every morning converting all the .png files from the previous day to .jpg. I wish it has some degree of automation.
Ughhh, what was that add-on author thinking ? That's terrible... :(

Ughhh, what was that add-on author thinking ? That's terrible... :(
He's the most prolific add-on writer for XF and writes very high quality software. If you have a question about an add-on you can PM him or call his cell, he's fantastic. He's been asked to make the add-on more automated and I'm sure he will at some point.

If you have a question about an add-on you can PM him or call his cell, he's fantastic. He's been asked to make the add-on more automated and I'm sure he will at some point.
Seems like you have more reason or motivation to ask him about automations :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

The best the web can display is 72 dpi/resolution, when I size image files for websites I size them all to 72 resolution. I have tested this many times against 300 dpi images and you can't tell the difference besides the website slowing down.

Back