Measuring an engine oils friction coefficient

Quaker State claims their Q-Racing series of racing oils have a lower friction coefficient than their competitor's oils. Apparently the friction level at various oil temps is measured on a "High Frequency Reciprocating Rig" whatever that is. Anybody heard about this as a way of comparing engine oils?

I remember when I first got here on bob. There was a post about a massive engine on the dyno with different viscosity oils. I have looked for that post many times. The search function...well lulz. It even had pictures.

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
I remember when I first got here on bob. There was a post about a massive engine on the dyno with different viscosity oils. I have looked for that post many times. The search function...well lulz. It even had pictures.
Does anybody remember the thread I'm talking about?

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Quaker State claims their Q-Racing series of racing oils have a lower friction coefficient than their competitor's oils. Apparently the friction level at various oil temps is measured on a "High Frequency Reciprocating Rig" whatever that is. Anybody heard about this as a way of comparing engine oils?
High Frequency Reciprocating Rig

I think it would greatly depend on when the friction was measured. Normal circumstances [hydrodynamic wedge] or very high loading [past the oil and down to the sacrificial metals/additives]?