MC FL2060?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think Motorcraft had an oil filter for the 2012 Camry but it looks like they do. Saw it on Rockauto. I have free tire rotations at the Ford dealer since they installed the tires. It would be nice to get the oil changes done there as well. Esp since they charge $25 for an oil change using 5w30 MC syn-blend. Here's the link:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=4754859&cc=1502610&jnid=482&jpid=3

Just wondering if it's better than the Toyo oem filter? Or take the MC filter into the Toyo dealer.

It's a newer style filter chances are it's a re boxed oem filter. If not I'm sure it's just as good or better than the Toyota filter. The Motorcraft tends to have higher efficiency.

Toyota filters tend to be high flow, low efficiency and yet their cars still go 200k on a regular basis.

The MC is almost certainly equal on efficiency or better. I'd use it no problem, especially with a quality oil like MC semi-synthetic.

Fwiw, I take the 2005 Toyota Matrix to the Ford dealer for the MC oil filter and syn-blend oil. Not that color means everything but the oil stays a light to medium honey color for the entire interval. Sometimes up to 7k miles.

While on both the Matrix and Camry the color turns dark quickly while using the toyo oil filters. After 2k miles on the Matrix with the toyo filter the oil is much darker than after 7k miles on the MC filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back