MC FL-910S, 5.8K, ADBV cuts, C&P

For those that are more knowledgeable than me, is the debris in the bottom of the can carbon? It didn't look metallic. It was in both this filter and the one off of my ecoboost.

Does the Fram have a base plate bypass or dome end? With the carbon settling to the bottom, I wouldn't want a dome end bypass personally. I have been using Napa Silver 31348 on our Edge. I will cut one after next oil change. The ADBV is kinda irrelevant with the filter mounted vertical with the base plate up top. I don't care about the nitrile ADBV on the Napa Silver, but do get a base plate by pass to keep that carbon in the "bottom" of the filter or in the media where it belongs.

Never seen any Fram with a base end bypass valve. WIX filters pretty much all had a base end bypass valve, but they have switched to dome end bypass valve on many of their filters over the last few years.

The cut ADBV seems to be a common failure on Purolator built filters, they seem to have issues deburring base plates, although a rare Fram has had it too. Purolator likes to see how many ways they can mess filters up...

Back