MC 820s black sludge?

Doing an oil change today and when I cut open my filter I noticed a black sludge right below the anti dreamback valve at the bottom of the filter where the leaf spring is. It almost looked like burnt black trash bag bits. Has anyone seen this before? Not sure if I should be concerned or if it's the adhesive coming apart on the filter...sorry I didn't grab any pics 😕

Oil drained was Prime from Sam's Club. 5w20 syn blend, 6 qts, 1 qts Lucas (I know...I know...). 2100 miles / a little over 6 months. Just did plugs and had a lot of dirt in the plug tubes but I don't think this would cause that...but...that is why I changed the oil early. Haven't been driving the truck much since Rona hit.

My guess is that the engine is dirty and the oil did some cleaning
Highly doubt it...I've had this truck 7 years. Always 5k OCIs. Engine is clean from the borescope down the timing cover. Also every single other previous mc820 has been nothing but oil. I've seen some posts lately about an even further decline in Motorcraft quality so I was wondering if this is a result of that....

Sounds like the filter did its job by keeping the debris contained. I wouldn't blame the filter.;

I'm unaware of any FL820S (topic) construction that has the "antidreamback valve at the bottom of the filter where the leaf spring is". Interpreting what I can, description reads like some other filter. As for "black sludge", reads like an engine related finding, not filter. Without pics, wouldn't speculate beyond that.

I'm unaware of any FL820S (topic) construction that has the "antidreamback valve at the bottom of the filter where the leaf spring is". Interpreting what I can, description reads like some other filter. As for "black sludge", reads like an engine related finding, not filter. Without pics, wouldn't speculate beyond that.
The filter description is the first thing I noticed too.

My apologies! I guess I didn't read my post before submitting. I found the black stuff right under the orange drainback valve on the dirty oil side AND I also found it inside the bottom of the can where the the metal stamped spring/leaf is. The best way to describe it would be like pieces of a black trash bag being torn up and soaked in oil. I don't think it's engine material, unless it's my timing chain guides. But there is no performance change or noise change in the engine....I had to change spark plugs after a cyl 7 misfire. I tried to blow out the spark plug tubes as best I could but I'm sure some got into the engine, hence the early mileage OCI.

I had to change spark plugs after a cyl 7 misfire. I tried to blow out the spark plug tubes as best I could but I'm sure some got into the engine, hence the early mileage OCI.
A misfire will certainly cause soot to accumulate in the engine. Sounds like the oil and filter did it’s job.

This just may be part of some permatex or other gasket sealer or maybe oil soaked pieces of gasket material that finally let loose. It got chopped up a little running around the internals but didn't harm anything and the filter did it's job. No metal so that is good.
You will probably be good on your next oil change.

Probably made in Mexico and they've decided to put a worm in each filter, like with Tequila.

You should have dumped the burnt trash bag bits out on a paper towel to drain, then provided pics.

Back