Mazda Skyactiv PE01-14-302 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a 2nd OCI from a 2014 Mazda 6 with 9995 miles on the ODO.
Dealer repaired (re-sealed) a front engine gasket leak and oil changed at ~4K miles.
I found an ear plug in my drain pan. -Not sure where the other ear plug is or who drop them in a brand new engine.
mad.gif

Oh well, the filter seems to be well made. I have a Fram TG6607 on it now but will probably go back to OEM on next OCI.
2iuapzl.jpg

27yn1bq.jpg

65759y.jpg

2zsa3de.jpg

333v815.jpg

ap7ojp.jpg

m8o26h.jpg

I'm not 100% certain the ear plug came out of the drain hole or the filter. I was surprised to see it there when I was about to pour the used oil into a recycle container.

BTW, Shouldn't there a anti-drain back gasket on the filter since it is installed vertically to the bottom of the engine?

Quote:

BTW, Shouldn't there a anti-drain back gasket on the filter since it is installed vertically to the bottom of the engine?

?

If the stud that mounts the filter faces down, no ADBV is needed.

Originally Posted By: SirPete

No, I'm on my fourth PE01-14-302 and none of them have had ADBVs. For whatever reason, it isn't necessary on this application.

I've cut one of these open as well. Nothing unusual, it looked just like the one you cut open - nearly perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back