mazda edge ti professional questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much different is gold bottle edge on shelf compared to gold bottle Castro edge sold at Mazda dealers? Edge professional.

It is the same. We only carry the Castrol in 0W20 in bulk for shop use. The only Mazda bottled oil we carry is the Mazda branded 0w20, 5w20, and 5w30.

Originally Posted By: JCM35
How much different is gold bottle edge on shelf compared to gold bottle Castro edge sold at Mazda dealers? Edge professional.

Mazda carries Castrol OE Professional 0W20. It does not use the Ti additive. It is very robust compared to the retail product.

Last edited:
From what I've been told, the 0w20 Castrol bulk that Mazda dealerships typically use is actually a blend, not a full synthetic.

Since "full Synthetics" aren't technically synthetic as marketed in North America, what would a blend be?

I Might have to make a special place for the new Shell GTLs though ...

Originally Posted By: RamFan
From what I've been told, the 0w20 Castrol bulk that Mazda dealerships typically use is actually a blend, not a full synthetic.

Not true.

0W20 Castrol GTX is a blend. The 5w20 GTX is a standard dino. My Mazda dealer uses 0W20 as their bulk oil and it is on the bulk tank. This information is avail on the Castrol website. Ed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back