Mazda ATF FZ "lifetime", 46k,UOA, 2015 Mazda 3

Originally Posted by RayM
Do a Google search. The first hit that I had was at mazdaoflodi dot com - not my dealership. Many others have similar statements:

You probably know by now how often you should be changing the oil in your Mazda, but what about the transmission fluid? Well, there's a good chance the answer is "never."

Or, at least, almost never. If you purchased your Mazda new and it is equipped with SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY, it will have lifetime transmission fluid that only requires changing should a critical component or the whole transmission need to be replaced. If you have one of the newer models produced in the last few years, there's a good chance it has SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY, but be sure to contact us if you're unsure.

Other manufacturers have tried this sort of thing and all of them have walked back on it. As far as I'm concerned, a lifetime fluid does not exist, and given the cost of a new transmission I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If it was me I'd change it every 60k, and by 120k knowing that Mazda won't give me a free transmission if things go bad, I'd start using whatever fluid I like (i.e. Maxlife).

My situation is a bit similar: 2015 Mazda3 that takes FZ. (The car is approaching 59K miles and I now realize I'm overdue for ATF change despite Mazda's "lifetime" statement.
I'd prefer to not have the transmission dying be the way to detect that the fluid's lifetime is over.

Did you end up using the OEM FZ ATF? I was told by the dealer that they are the only game in town for sourcing Mazda FZ ATF.

Recently I discovered Valvoline MaxLife full synthetic ATF documentation (https://www.valvoline.com/our-products/automatic-transmission-products/maxlife-multi-vehicle-atf . click on PI) states that it works for Mazda FZ.
Should I believe it?

Best regards,
RayM
Top tec atf 1800 is alternative to Mazda fz fluid.

Or

Aisin atf mfz

Or
ravenol atf fz

Back