Mazda 3 i-ACTIV AWD diagonal test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Cujet
I get that it's not really a valid comparison, but driving the '18 F150 4x4 with electronic locking differential is considerably more capable in snow than any of the little SUV's.

Agree.
Too many variables plus it's a 🎠to 🊠comparison.

Crossovers are good for urban/suburban conditions and trips to the ski slopes. When really heavy snow hits the higher clearance of a SUV or pickup would be better. TV commercials might show a crossover fording a deep stream or punching through snow but reality in commercials is non existent.

Every vehicle has its limitations.

I get that it's not really a valid comparison, but driving the '18 F150 4x4 with electronic locking differential is considerably more capable in snow than any of the little SUV's.

I haven't tried it, but the F150 is probably the #1 vehicle in the ditch around here once it gets nasty out. I very VERY rarely see an AWD CUV in the ditch. Trucks and cars? Everywhere. Counted 20 of them on the way to work once. Driving on t he road is much higher on my priority list than offroading in the snow. One is necessary. One is fun.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac

Agree.

Crossovers are good for urban/suburban conditions and trips to the ski slopes. When really heavy snow hits the higher clearance of a SUV or pickup would be better. TV commercials might show a crossover fording a deep stream or punching through snow but reality in commercials is non existent.

13.gif

Not from what I've seen. I've seen more 4x4 trucks in the ditch then a SUV by a huge margin.

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Originally Posted by PimTac

Agree.

13.gif

Not from what I've seen. I've seen more 4x4 trucks in the ditch then a SUV by a huge margin.

Everything comes down to three things.

The vehicle.
The tires.
The driver.

You can have the best of the first two but if you don't know how to drive in winter conditions then they won't matter much.

Originally Posted by buster
The new system has an off-road mode. Good video.

Very excellent! I am slightly jelly of that offroad mode, although I have been able, even in the snow, to go up and down my 27*, 300ft long drive-way just fine in my 2019 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back