Maybe Pennzoil Ultra Platinum burning off more than most other brands via getting into the combustion cylinder is a good sign

I am in now way trying to start anything, buy I have always been under the impression that Amsoil was the Godfather of of synthetic oils.

Please inform me! I'm now very curious!
Its know way not now way! Actually there was a company back in the 1960's that may have started the synthetic oils that we know today. There is a history between Amsoil and Mobil and from my memory Mobil may have given Amsoil the basestocks for there oil. Maybe Mobil 1 had better advertising or availability in the 80's because that is all I saw on the shelves until Valvoline came out with a synthetic oil.
Fabulous50s you might want to Google Synthetic Oils and read everything!

I used it in my PUP in my car one time. Burned a lot of oil. Went back to QSUD with good results. Just my personal experience. Seems like certain engines have a dis taste for certain oils.

Its know way not now way! Actually there was a company back in the 1960's that may have started the synthetic oils that we know today. There is a history between Amsoil and Mobil and from my memory Mobil may have given Amsoil the basestocks for there oil. Maybe Mobil 1 had better advertising or availability in the 80's because that is all I saw on the shelves until Valvoline came out with a synthetic oil.
Fabulous50s you might want to Google Synthetic Oils and read everything!
I think you meant to write " no way".... like I meant to type.

Yes I know how to Google, I was just inquiring about a statement made here.

JimPghPA

I googled about Pennzoil Ultra Platinum burning off and found a thread on some forum about an RX-8 that quoated an e-mail reply from Pennsoil saying that it burns off clean and does not make carbon deposits when some gets into the cylinder.

And there are YouTube videos about it cleaning pistons better than any other oil.

SHU 5w-40 burned about 0.5l per 10k km in my Rav4, but M1 0w-40 doesn't burn any in that oci range. This is my experience, but my drive patten change all the time, so its hard to compere.