Maybe i should post this in Humor...Truck Price

1622563300724.jpg

2017 regular cab work truck with 111k miles for 39.9k. Go ahead, build the same thing brand new on Chevrolet.com and its like 41 grand. Who wants a halfway worn out 6.0 when they could just wait for a new 6.6 gas truck to be built.

View attachment 59009
2017 regular cab work truck with 111k miles for 39.9k. Go ahead, build the same thing brand new on Chevrolet.com and its like 41 grand. Who wants a halfway worn out 6.0 when they could just wait for a new 6.6 gas truck to be built.
Not sure about truck but in electronics (computer parts), we are now seeing people scalping 2x 3x MSRP and you cannot even get one new if you want it right away.

A sucker is born every day. Someone will pay that who loves the truck and just must have it.
It's a dealer amd he has several very overpriced trucks like that. I think its desperation of business owners trying to expand fleets paying up. I'm guessing that truck sold new for a transaction price of less than 30k.

I think if I saw it correctly, GM isn't taking any more orders for regular cabs to be run as 21 model year trucks this year. Other versions may be different.

Point being, if you need a truck and want to order it, prepare to wait. Need it now? Prepare to pay up...

I think if I saw it correctly, GM isn't taking any more orders for regular cabs to be run as 21 model year trucks this year. Other versions may be different.

Point being, if you need a truck and want to order it, prepare to wait. Need it now? Prepare to pay up...
2022 HD Reg Cab Production start date estimated by Donlen 07/12/2021, so you could be waiting like 4+ months! Express Vans not starting till 9/20/2021. crazy.

It could not be a worse time to try to buy a used HD truck of any flavor due to price or a new HD truck due to none available. One week ago I took delivery of a Sierra HD that was ordered 12/31/20.
Dude.....how do you like the 6.6 gasser? I'm considering one to replace my 2016 1500 if this sale goes through on it.

A number of the used car dealers by me have almost nothing on their lots. There's one though that's got a nice selection of vehicles. The prices for the cars they have, are a few thousand over what they would normally sell for in a normal market. The thing is that particular used car lot is constantly turning over inventory.

Dude.....how do you like the 6.6 gasser? I'm considering one to replace my 2016 1500 if this sale goes through on it.

Have only had it 1 week and 200 miles and so far nothing I don't like. Be aware you're buying a lifted truck. The top of the tailgate is 59" high and the driver's window sill is 56" high. The roof is 81", not sure if it will go into the parking garage at the airport. Quietest truck I've ever been in and it's just an SLE. Firm ride but not harsh, rides better than the 07 2500 HD we had. Got to get some miles on it so we can hook up the trailer and go.

You should be able to get stupid money for your 6.2 from a dealer and be sure to plug it into Carvana and use that number to negotiate. I think your 6.2 is rated about the same HP and torque as this 6.6, the difference is the truck.

I know the owner of a big used car lot and he's quit buying trucks until the craziness dies down.

Yeah i think an SLE 6.6 gas would suit me fine. My 6.2 is lifted, rides great, just would like a bit more towing headroom. The new 2500/3500 would be about the same height, brand new, beefier everything. Deal is for NADA retail value on my truck, i'm good with that, should be gone this week if it all works out with their loan.

I have been offered pretty much what I paid for my 3 year old truck in my signature, by both my dealer and individuals. Today is the first day day that my bumper to bumper warranty is over with. But I am not selling or trading as it is hard to find simple trucks. Knowing that no new vehicle is simple, mine is about as simple that has been made in the past 3 -5 years.

Back