May want to pass on SUPER TECH cabin air filters ...

This is why always open boxes that are openable to check before I buy. If it's shrink-wrapped or glued, I obviously don't, but otherwise, trust but verify.
Yep, good point. As I noted recently on new Fram CAF thread, I saw ST AF and CAF boxes stocked for first time at local WM. Unfortunately WM seals all the boxed with a serrated pull strip. To look/inspect on must pull the strip to open the box, so no longer sealed. Can't be restored to original.

As I mentioned in the other thread. I wouldn't buy without looking at the filter, but I also unlikely I'd pull zip strip just to inspect. To use an old expression, kind of Catch22.

Can't open box in store . Sealed with a pull tab . This is for an 2nd generation FIT ( applies to 3rd as well ) . Original is in car . FRAM Freeze Breeze CF11182 is in pics . CF11182 exact fit as O.E.M..

IMG_6346.JPG
IMG_6344.JPG
IMG_6343.JPG
IMG_6331.JPG
IMG_6333.JPG

More pics . Replaced O.E.M. with the used ( 1 year ? ) FRAM11182 until purchase of a new O.E.M.. The FRAM lessens air flow due to its thickness .

IMG_6347.JPG
IMG_6351.JPG
IMG_6348.JPG
IMG_6349.JPG
IMG_6357.JPG
IMG_6359.JPG
IMG_6358.JPG

Last edited:
hmmmmm i last used the SUPERTECH 7250 in my truck, just goes to prove you dont get nothing for nothing, i wanted to forgo buying a $25-$30 OEM CAF from Toyota, maybe i'll try TYC or DENSO aftermarket next. i recently read an online article on how CHAMP cuts alot of corners in the manufacturing and maybe qaulity of its oil filters in order to reduce prices for better competion with other makers, maybe this is another instance of such with thier CAFs.

However you slice it, cheaper is cheaper.

ANECDOTE: My only TYC cabin air filter was comprised of a panel made from 2 paper towels rolled through a zig-zag press.
It redefined both flimsy and rip-off! ( years ago at the dawn of CAFs).

You just gotta select your quality level.

In other thread subject matter: Do the pull tab closures mentioned in posts 6 & 7 halt merchandise/box swapping (theft) as intended?
Kinda glad I order such items online from established sources.

Purchased O.E.M. and installed . Cost more , but FITs perfect with better air flow . New part number .

I just replaced my OEM factory Chevy equinox filter with a supertech, no issues with the sizing and the quality was quite good - much better than the STP garbage from china in my kia. Some replacement is better than no replacement. This was about 18 months thru CA fires.

Attachments

• 20210527_185349.jpg
    20210527_185349.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210527_185356.jpg
    20210527_185356.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210527_185403.jpg
    20210527_185403.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 35
Amazon usually has a TYC filter for most applications for like six bucks. They fit fine and are standard pleated filters.
I bought a few TYC with charcoal for my 19 Impeza and it was very close if not the same as the OEM though the OEM didn't have charcoal.

i bought a BOSCH P3752WS CAF off AMAZON about $15 total with tax/shipping this model seems to be a Made in USA PUROLATOR One clone i'll post up on the qaulity etc. once i get it

Back