Maxlife - Valvoline says not to use in Aisin Warner TF 80SC?

Hi Everyone

I've bought Valvoline Maxlife (it's labelled "Valvoline ATF" here in Europe, I'm sure someone can confirm they're the same fluid) for a fluid change in an Aisin Warner TF 80SC in my Vauxhall Astra but the spec on the jars includes the following:
Volvo STD1273.41,1161521,1161540 (Aisin Warner 6-speed transmission TF 80SC excluded).

Any thoughts at all welcome
20210302_194138.jpg
20210302_193926.jpg

Could be an automaker specific programming glitch that might not adjust/adapt to the multivehicle ATF...
There is another automaker that like to program the transmission to act up if fluid was out of spec... and does so with oil grades to

So, heed the warning. Use something else.

jws-3324 is WS

jws-3309 is TIV

that transmission used one of those two fluids. use as you want, the “recommended for” label on the back isn’t to be taken seriously. maxlife should work fine
For all the criticism that the “recommended for” listing gets on this brand, I cannot imagine doing the opposite and using it when they specifically state not to do so.

Oddly, I actually agree with both of these points :unsure: :alien:

That said, that particular transmission was used on many cars calling for fluids that Maxlife claims to be suitable/recommended for use in. :cautious:

TF80SC transmissions made before year 2011 (generation 1) use JWS 3309 standard (TIV) oil, while transmissions made from year 2011 (generation 2) use JWS 3324 (WS) standard oil.
I would respect the Valvoline recommendation and not use that fluid. Probably liability issues with Volvo in Europe (and not in US) forced them to exclude that transmission.

TF80SC transmissions made before year 2011 (generation 1) use JWS 3309 standard (TIV) oil, while transmissions made from year 2011 (generation 2) use JWS 3324 (WS) standard oil.
I would respect the Valvoline recommendation and not use that fluid. Probably liability issues with Volvo in Europe (and not in US) forced them to exclude that transmission.
Car was registered April 22, 2013

Could be an automaker specific programming glitch that might not adjust/adapt to the multivehicle ATF...
There is another automaker that like to program the transmission to act up if fluid was out of spec... and does so with oil grades to

So, heed the warning. Use something else.
How does the computer know or predict what fluid I put in there?

From what I found it doesn't quite match up with low-viscosity levels AW-1 specifies. It's a few points higher but otherwise aligns well with AW-1 or Aisin ATF-0WS from a specification standpoint.

ATF.jpg

Back