Maxlife Synthetic - revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other topic was about meeting / not meeting specs ect along with some Amsoil stuff anyway ...

I saw this oil priced at 4.40 a quart in 5w-30 and 10w-30 and was wondering if anyone has picked ay of it up to do a VOA on it or has the MSDS .

Regardless whether or not it meets a certain spec, LL-01 is but one it has on the label and I think in Europe that usually depicts a PAO oil .Of course this is not Europe and it seems anything goes with some of these oil makers ...kinda like professional wrestling
tongue.gif

If the additive pack is good and this oil does not get dumbed down to API SM spec in the future it might be a contender with a potentially higher additive treat rate for the long drain and I can't forget that Valvoline is pretty good about putting their oil in the 5 quart jugs for cheap at times .

I was told my Valvoline that the HTHS on the 5w-30 is 3.5 and for the 10w-30, it is 3.6. Not bad for OTC 30 weights.

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
That's good specs . Any info on the basestock used ?

Nope. I didn't ask because I just assumed that it would be a group III, like most otc synthetics. But you raise a good point that it *may* be PAO. Send them an message from their website. They usually respond within a day or two.

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
WHO exactly told you?

Well, Schmoe, sounds like you don't believe me.
Why don't you go ahead and send Valvoline an email yourself. Their web address is www.valvoline.com and they have a link dedicated to answering questions. Report back to us when you get verification about the HTHS.

I actually talked with Scott Wieland at Valvoline last October about regular MaxLife and some trans fluid questions. I remember he said to watch store shelves because a synthetic MaxLife would be for sale in January. Well, here it is! BUT, interestingly he did say it would have synthetic like what Mobil-1 has (i would now guess an ester PAO substance maybe) because it cleaned in spots and brought the seal swelling agents into areas the 'other' synthetics wouldn't/couldn't. He said that is one reason their max life oils worked and the others didn't, or didn't work as well. I guess as far as the 'working', I would attest from personal experience that the Valvoline max life does do the leak stopping the best. This new MaxLife Synthetic has shown good results so far for me and a friend. Just can't wait for the UOA's on them!!

Based on the response I got from Valvoline " which was no response
tongue.gif
" quite likely the Mobil Drive Clean blend has more PAO than Maxlife Synthetic does IMO .

I'm not sure seeing a MSDS from them could convince me otherwise considering how long Q-States msds has been messed up and the recent Valvoline changes to their additive line .

[ April 22, 2004, 06:21 AM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

Motorbike-
I am curious, of course. Have you not been impressed with any of the Valvoline engine oil lineup?..even the MaxLife dino & synthetic? Why? I have always been a Mobil-1 fan, but this MaxLife stuff is interesting. Is Mobil-1 the only PAO available at say the typical WalMart? I bet Amsoil, Royal Purple, Red Line, etc are PAO's (?). But at the local WalMart, what is the PAO lineup, generally? Thanks!!

quote:

Originally posted by DSteven:
Motorbike-
I am curious, of course. Have you not been impressed with any of the Valvoline engine oil lineup?..even the MaxLife dino & synthetic? Why? I

go to this site and look at the basestock used in the Valvoline All Climate in these days and times of the usual group II's
smile.gif

Also , Valvoline may not give out information on their new Maxlife Synthetic and basestock used but .....Walmart does
smile.gif
. It's group III . $4.45 per quart group III
smile.gif

Click on the 5w-30 Maxlife Synthetic

http://msds.walmartstores.com/msds/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back