MaxLife syn blend $14/jug at Walmart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems like a good deal. Has it always been that price???

Is there a better oil for that price? I've only seen one other high mileage syn blend, and that is Kendall GT-1 High Mileage.

It was $18, then $17, then $16.50, then $17, then all of a sudden it was $14...all probably in the last 6-8 months or so, between two Wal-Marts here in Houston. Crazy. Glad it came down, works great in all of my cars, very easy to shop :)

Not only super cheap, but Valvoline blends a full 30% synthetic into MaxLife, as apposed to the 10-15-20% most of the rest use for their syn blends. Plus seal conditioners, too? All for $14? MaxLife is MAX-VALUE, IMO!

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Not only super cheap, but Valvoline blends a full 30% synthetic into MaxLife, as apposed to the 10-15-20% most of the rest use for their syn blends. Plus seal conditioners, too? All for $14? MaxLife is MAX-VALUE, IMO!

I wonder if that is true of Durablend too?

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: gfh77665

I wonder if that is true of Durablend too?

Yes. From the Valvoline website:

What is the percentage of synthetic versus conventional motor oil in DuraBlend?

30% synthetic vs. 70% conventional.

MaxLife is Durablend + seal conditioners. OUTSTANDING VALUE!

I switched to the Vav MLB. The Blazer really enjoys it. Runs quieter,and smoother. Sent away for a test kit from Blackstone, probably send it in after the next OCI. Im still in the process of cleaning up the engine. It was neglected up untill earlier this year...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back