Maxlife Red 0W20? Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in a Walmart the other day, picking up a few reusable ice packs due to an injury. Decided to look in the auto section and I saw Maxlife 0W20 for $18.88. Doesn't seem to have many certifications but it is API SN / GF5 rated.

V7jCXUB.jpg

Eka7Bc1.jpg

API SN / GF5 covers more cars sold today than another other certification I suspect. (in the US)

If this is their target market, it is not clear any others are needed.

I'd certainly use it will no worries in cars specifying 20 weight grade, as I would any other SN/GF5 oil.

Last edited:
I was just surprised that it doesn't have more specs. On QSUD 0W-20 it meets a bunch more than SN / GF5. Such as Dexos1 and MS-6395. Also with M1 AFE 0W20 it meets Dexos1, Ford WSS-M2C945-A and ACEA A1/B1.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Farmer
I was just surprised that it doesn't have more specs. On QSUD 0W-20 it meets a bunch more than SN / GF5. Such as Dexos1, MS-6395. Also with M1 AFE 0W20 it meets Dexos1 and Ford WSS-M2C945-A.

What specs are on the Maxlife 5w-20? Maybe they didn't want to pay for the testing on the 0w-20 version?
21.gif

where can I find syn power in Canada?

Is it worth to register in this warranty program...to get covered for 500000 kms...

They ask to keep receipt but I can only save receipts for oil purchase. I pay to mechanic cash to change the oil and he does not give receipt.

Another catch is that even with their synthetic oil, they are asking to change the oil every 6400 kms. . that is way too less.

https://www.enginewarranty.com/AboutOurWarranty

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: asker123

Is it worth to register in this warranty program...to get covered for 500000 kms...

They ask to keep receipt but I can only save receipts for oil purchase. I pay to mechanic cash to change the oil and he does not give receipt.

Another catch is that even with their synthetic oil, they are asking to change the oil every 6400 kms. . that is way too less.

Walmart Canada will have some Synpower for you. 4.73L for $28.88.

Originally Posted By: buster
Noack of 13.6% is on the high side.

Maxlife full syn 10W30 has lower NOACK around 6% compares with semi-syn 10W30 of 10%.

Looks like Maxlife full syn in general have lower Noack than semi-syn.

Originally Posted By: Farmer

Walmart Canada will have some Synpower for you. 4.73L for $28.88.

Oh sorry , I thought synpower is their full synthetic high mileage oil but seems like it is not. It is the normal full synthetic. They have another full synthetic with max life technology , a full synthetic version of their famous max life....

but I don't understand one thing .. they are offering 360000 km waranty for max life synthetic blend vs 500000 for synpower which is normal full synthetic... Does is not contradictory f their own claim that high mileage engine are better with high mileage oil.....

They have synpower full syntectic and then synpower full syntectic with Max life technology. Two separate products. Both silver bottles.

Max life red is synthetic blend.

4.73L VSP is currently available for $28.88 at Walmart.

As for the Valvoline warranty, they aren't worth the paper they are written on

Noack of the 0w20 Full Syn MaxLife is 11.3%. Not bad. The 5w20 is 9.3%.

I haven't seen that yet in my local Walmart. If I had a car that spec'd 0W-20 and was high mileage and using oil, I'd use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back