Maxlife ATF for mercon LV

I'd stick with something that's ford approved, if you use the 5% off promo code (162725261148270173) you can order a couple 5qt jugs of Motorcraft Mercon LV from Rock Auto for around $20/ea shipped

I'd stick with something that's ford approved, if you use the 5% off promo code (162725261148270173) you can order a couple 5qt jugs of Motorcraft Mercon LV from Rock Auto for around $20/ea shipped
Makes sense...I have 2 gallons of maxlife ATF in my garage but i don't want to take a chance with my trans.

When I was researching the same subject for my daughter's Edge, everything I read said the Maxlife was really the same stuff, wink, wink, but I could never find definitive proof of the fact. Since I'm not in the business of doing transmission research I paid the extra $20 and got the Ford approved fluid.

The Ford dealer was closed when I needed to buy the fluid so I went with Castrol Transmax from Autozone which states on the jug it is Ford approved for Mercon LV. About $25/jug if I recall correctly.

When I was researching the same subject for my daughter's Edge, everything I read said the Maxlife was really the same stuff, wink, wink, but I could never find definitive proof of the fact. Since I'm not in the business of doing transmission research I paid the extra $20 and got the Ford approved fluid.

The Ford dealer was closed when I needed to buy the fluid so I went with Castrol Transmax from Autozone which states on the jug it is Ford approved for Mercon LV. About $25/jug if I recall correctly.

Thanks, i'm probably going to do the same..Not worth the savings

Thanks, i'm probably going to do the same..Not worth the savings
You might try calling the local dealership and see what fluid they keep in bulk. The previous dealership I was at kept motorcraft lv in bulk and had quite a few customers that would buy from them.

Use something licensed while still under warranty. After the warranty is up, you can use Maxlife with no problem :)

Walmart's house brand Synthetic LV ATF is licensed Mercon LV

Licensed mercon LV isn't really even that expensive, Rock Auto carries it for like $18 per 5qt jug, so if you grab a couple it'll be around $20 a jug after shipping, a little cheaper than Maxlife unless you can find it on sale somewhere.

Use something licensed while still under warranty. After the warranty is up, you can use Maxlife with no problem :)

Walmart's house brand Synthetic LV ATF is licensed Mercon LV

True....

And.... Home Depot has Pennzoil Platinum ATF that has the Mercon LV license.... And it's $4.68 a quart.... Cheaper than Wally world Supertech by $2.

True....

And.... Home Depot has Pennzoil Platinum ATF that has the Mercon LV license.... And it's $4.68 a quart.... Cheaper than Wally world Supertech by $2.

That is a good deal :cool:

My point is that the cheapest licensed Mercon LV is still licensed Mercon LV, carrying formal approval from Ford :)

This seems to have the ford LV approval per this sheet

I use the valvoline in my 6R140. So far so good. I also used it in my previous truck with the 5R110

Last edited:
Back