Max interval for ACDelco filter

What's the longest you can run an ACDelco filter? I know many now have the ecores and have cardboard filter ends. The OLMs in my 2013 Chevy Malibu are 7500 for standard driving and 5000 for severe. We do a lot of short commutes so I have observed that ours has defaulted to 5K. Would likely be 7500 if it was more highway.

If I did short OCI's, could I run it for say 8k miles? Would it be good to 10K?

Use the factory OCI as suggested by the OLM :)

Recent late model GM cars now limit the max OCI to 7500 miles or one year, except the Volt, which is 2 years max and no mileage limit. The OLM is a variable OCI that can suggest any OCI from a single mile up to the 7500 max. I think GM started with hard limit when they switched to dexos oil and using DI more heavily in their lineup.

Use the factory OCI as suggested by the OLM :)

Recent late model GM cars now limit the max OCI to 7500 miles or one year, except the Volt, which is 2 years max and no mileage limit. The OLM is a variable OCI that can suggest any OCI from a single mile up to the 7500 max. I think GM started with hard limit when they switched to dexos oil and using DI more heavily in their lineup.
My DI engine is indeed super sooty. I had to clean out the secondary air injection system's valve a couple months back. I detailed the problem and process in this video.

Last edited:
My DI engine is indeed super sooty. I had to clean out the secondary air injection system's valve a couple months back. I detailed the problem and process in this video.

Get rid of that K&N filter! They're actually not even good filters, and they have so much oil they can damage the MAF. Instead, use Fram Ultra or ACDelco.

The most important oil filter is the air filter :)

What's the longest you can run an ACDelco filter? I know many now have the ecores and have cardboard filter ends. The OLMs in my 2013 Chevy Malibu are 7500 for standard driving and 5000 for severe. We do a lot of short commutes so I have observed that ours has defaulted to 5K. Would likely be 7500 if it was more highway.

If I did short OCI's, could I run it for say 8k miles? Would it be good to 10K?
You can try the AC Delco Upf64 oil filter . It’s better built than the regular one

When my Cadillac DTS was new, the previous owner had the dealer change the oil every ~10K miles following the OLM.

I got the car at 80K miles and the engine was quiet. I now have 118K miles on the car and its still pretty quiet.

Personally, I wouldn't go over 7500 miles on an AC Delco filter, but if you do nothing bad will happen.

Back