Mass spamming

I got back on the computer around 7:30 last night after being off and on throughout the day and found I had ~ 450 emails. I'd been off it for about 2 hours. Deleted and blocked all of them. I just got on about 15 minutes ago and I've got another wave hitting. 2-5 every minute! Somehow, some spam site got my email. I've had random spam, one or two a week, but this is nuts.

WOAH!!! Since I started typing this my inbox has 18 and my spam box has....133!!! Crazy!!

Anyone else had this load of spam??

On the dark web and even in the FFL Advertising days they had a mega link spider you could bomb people with.
Like 100's of thousands emails. I think it is likely someone put a hit on you.
Most offer up the IP address in the spam but I'm sure the sender used a proxy. This is all a guess.
Good luck.

I did do a few online orders, but nothing from a sketchy company. I'm thinking it might be from an app I deleted from my phone, ES File Explorer. At the time, I didn't know where it came from, but it was recommended. Found out it was China based. Wanting to clear up space on my phone, a few days later I found a couple items left behind after deleting the main app, Tencent and QQbrowser. The next day the spam started. Who knows. Maybe it was from one of the online vendors who could be compromised. Much less last night than the night before. I'm cjust clicking and blocking.

Back