Marquez the Magnificent

If you haven’t seen the 2020 MotoGP opener from Jerez, look it up. In one of the most heroic runs ever in Motorsport, reigning World Champion Marc Marquez makes a miraculous save while fighting for the lead early in he race but runs off track only to rejoin in last place. A heroic drive back to third place ends in a horrific high side crash and a fractured humerous. Looks like the season is lost for him.

Yes, saw that yesterday. Hit the ground really hard from the high side. They did say he was "favoring" his right arm. No kidding....

Last edited:
I doubt he'll be out for the season. Riding injured is part of the game. I would also like to see the GOAT win another championship before he retires.

I was in your State over the weekend, got rained out at LOR.

Last edited:
I doubt he'll be out for the season. Riding injured is part of the game. I would also like to see the GOAT win another championship before he retires.

I was in your State over the weekend, got rained out at LOR.

I was bummed the Finals got rained out. It has to be difficult trying to run them on another weekend when track conditions will be so different. Although they are all professionals and should be able to figure it out. It was nice to see 2 first time finalists in TF.

I was bummed the Finals got rained out. It has to be difficult trying to run them on another weekend when track conditions will be so different. Although they are all professionals and should be able to figure it out. It was nice to see 2 first time finalists in TF.

The reality is that track and weather conditions are always changing. Figuring out that very complicated puzzle of car set-up, and track and weather conditions, is where LOTS of experience comes in.

Neither Ashley or Zizzo has as much experience as some of the other teams, So theoretically it should be harder for them. But nobody can deny they are in the final round, and the 'more experienced' teams aren't.

I say good for them.

I was convinced to come back for that event. We'll see if it continues. It was good to see friends again.

So Marquez has been medically cleared to ride this weekend. I'm sure he will be doing everything possible to make that happen.

Looks like it was a clean break.

Attachments

• 37613-9669a02a411d5f58d43acb09c86a95f6.png
    37613-9669a02a411d5f58d43acb09c86a95f6.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 20
Photo has now been identified as not being Marquez....so we don't know what sort of break it was. A big risk to race this weekend, but MM is all about pushing too far. Mind games I think.

Marguez did around 10 laps each in FP3 and FP4 today, but dropped out of Q1 after one lap. Thinking is to rest for tomorrows race and see how far he moves up from the back of the pack during the race.

It's just amazing that he broke his arm 6 days ago, had surgery only 4 days ago and is riding a 200mph MotoGP bike today. The amount of stress on the riders upper body and arms under braking is incredible. I can't imagine doing it with a fresh arm fracture, even plated and screwed. These guys are on a different level both physically and mentally.

It was announced during Q2 that he wouldn’t be racing. Risk vs reward and can’t fault the decision. Even in his leathers it was pretty obvious there was significant swelling.

He bent the plate, another surgery to fit a new one. Duh, who woulda thought ?

Apparently a "domestic incident with a large door/window". It appears he's out for 3 races. At least he's not trying to rush back.
With Bradl on the bike I hope Honda have the budget for extra spares.

Back