Marketing language gimmicks

“New and approved”

This is never good. It’s manufacturing jargon for we found a way to make it cheaper and make more profit margin.

Ever seen a laundry detergent container size marketed as "Small" ?

And Starbucks sizes are Tall, Grande and Vente. All good.

Walgreens model = buy this way over priced bottle of vitamins and get the 2nd for 50% which is what each bottle is worth to start with … no thanks …
I haven't been in our Walgreens in years yet every time I drive by it (only live 1/2 block from there) the parking lot is full, I don't get it, so expensive, then across the street sits a CVS that is always empty.

Reactions: 4WD
The one that always came up in my editing classes for my Journalism degree was the dish detergent companies. The advertisement always touted "Virtually spotless ". The new one is Tide commercial that I can't believe was signed off on is new "Hygienic Clean." So what my previous detergent was unhygienic? Third is Elon musk saying the Cybertruck was "bullet proof " and twice a softball shattered the window.

"Satisfaction guaranteed," and "Lifetime warranty," and "Return for full refund," and other gimmicks where it's either not honored, or there are so many restrictions as to make it meaningless, or the hassles/costs of returning it exceed the value of the item.

Back