Marines take down smash and grab robbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juveniles, Parents should be responsible for their actions like they do with taggers. ;)

These smash and grab gangs almost always have an adult ringleader, and that is who the police are most interested in.

I can't imagine mall jewelry store junk being fenced any way other than melting it for bullion value, but I suppose if you steal enough of it...

It would be nice if people knew how to shop and not buy stolen merchandise. FaceBook Marketplace, eBay... as an example
RFID tags with serial numbers in a central database that can be scanned by the consumer. High end fashion brands are working on this to avoid counterfeiting. Won’t stop someone selling it on FB or eBay once the buyer gets it and it doesn’t scan though but it’s a start.

This story reminds me of another "don't mess with Marines" story that I experienced second hand. I was in Marseilles working on a Navy ship while it was in port. This ship was an LHA/LHD which has a mix of Navy and Marines. One morning the Marseilles mayor visits the ship to meet the captain. Sounds like a goodwill visit but it wasn't. Apparently, the sailors are told about areas in the city to avoid when they are on shore leave. A couple of Marines dressed in civilian clothes wandered into an area they shouldn't have been, and some local hoodlum pulled a knife on them and tried to rob them. In self defense, the Marines gave him a beat-down that put him in the hospital. Sadly, that turned into a little international incident. Rumours floating around the ship suggested that the mayor was not there to thank the captain for getting a violent criminal off the streets...

I wouldn't expect anything less from our Marines. It is hard to imagine a situation like this, where a Marine would stand by and do nothing. It is not in their nature.

These smash and grab gangs almost always have an adult ringleader, and that is who the police are most interested in.

I can't imagine mall jewelry store junk being fenced any way other than melting it for bullion value, but I suppose if you steal enough of it...
They are usually organized, traveling and made up of non-citizens who normally post bail and leave the area. Certain gangs have made it across the nation and are becoming a problem everywhere.

Penalties for non-residents involved in a smash and grab should be cruel and unusual.

Without going mid evil on these particular types of crimes they will only become more widespread.

They are usually organized, traveling and made up of non-citizens who normally post bail and leave the area. Certain gangs have made it across the nation and are becoming a problem everywhere.

Penalties for non-residents involved in a smash and grab should be cruel and unusual.

Without going mid evil on these particular types of crimes they will only become more widespread.
What makes you think the it is non-citizens/non-residents committing these smash and grab robberies?
Law enforcement seems to think that it is mostly ghetto street gangs (like bloods and crips) that are behind these.

What makes you think the it is non-citizens/non-residents committing these smash and grab robberies?
Law enforcement seems to think that it is mostly ghetto street gangs (like bloods and crips) that are behind these.

Got to get your head out of California in which the mob and syndicates use low level local patsy thugs. Similar to the cat converter theft rings.

I can link to about a hundred smash and grabs that don’t mention California gangs.

Like this one

Or this one

As happened here in the 80’s there are theft rings taking advantage of the non-chalant way our courts deal with shop lifting and stealing . Which allows them to walk into another state once caught and continue.

The foreign group that most recently went through Ohio has met the requirements to be federal criminals

And what is happening isn’t new, every 5-7 years going back into the 70’s you can find a cross country crash and grab group, last big one was in 2015

Difference today is that all the large players are blowing their loads at the same time ,

Given the violent destructive nature of Smash and grab these crimes need to be handled and punished differently and the true ringleaders who are never on the scene should be found and their organizations cleared house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back