Marines and Air Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Marine gets out of the Corps after Nam and lives his life like the
American dream. When the War on Iraq comes around 40 plus years later, he
goes down to the local recruiting station, and tells the recruiter, "I want
in, I wanna fight."

But the recruiter says, "Sorry man, you're too old."
"Fine," the guy says. "I'll go to the Pentagon. I have a friend there.
He'll let me in!" So he goes to the Pentagon and tells his friend, "I want
in, I wanna fight." But his friend says, "Sorry Buddy, you're too old."
"Fine," the guy says. "I'll buy a boat and row to Iraq!"

So he goes out and buys himself a rowboat and starts rowing to Iraq,
chanting "Semper Fi, Do or Die, OO-Rah, OO-Rah!" over and over again.

Now St. Peter is watching and he goes to God and says, "Lord, what do I do to stop this guy?" God tells St. Peter, "Why don't you take his brain? It's the root of all
thought."

So St. Peter takes the guy's brain. It doesn't faze him. "Semper Fi, Do or
Die, OO-Rah, OO-Rah!" St. Peter then says, "Now what?!" God replies, "Why
don't you take his heart? It's the seat of all emotion.

"So St. Peter takes it. Doesn't faze the guy. "Semper Fi, Do or Die, OO-Rah,
OO-Rah!" St. Peter says, "Now what should I do?!" God smiles and says, "Take his cojones." So St. Peter takes the guy's dodads. The guy stops rowing, looks confused, turns his boat around, and begins chanting,

>Scroll down for punch line!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

"Off we go, into the wild blue yonder..

Keep in mind that I was in the Air Force! I just got this from my brother and thought it was funny.

A Marine and an Airmen are in the restroom at an airport, both are peeing, they both get done, the marine washes his hands, the Airman doesn't. The Marine says, "Hey! didn't the Air Force teach you to wash after peeing?" The airman replied, " No. They taught us not to pee on our hands."

An Airmen and a Grunt were in the barber shop at the BX, the Grunts barber asked the Grunt if he wanted some smell good tonic put on, he said "no way my wife might think I have been to a cathouse," the Airmans barber asked him the same question, he said. " sure go ahead my wife don't know what one smells like."

quote:

Originally posted by Doug:
A Marine gets out of the Corps after Nam and lives his life like the
American dream. When the War on Iraq comes around 40 plus years later, he
goes down to the local recruiting station, and tells the recruiter, "I want
in, I wanna fight."

But the recruiter says, "Sorry man, you're too old."
"Fine," the guy says. "I'll go to the Pentagon. I have a friend there.
He'll let me in!" So he goes to the Pentagon and tells his friend, "I want
in, I wanna fight." But his friend says, "Sorry Buddy, you're too old."
"Fine," the guy says. "I'll buy a boat and row to Iraq!"

So he goes out and buys himself a rowboat and starts rowing to Iraq,
chanting "Semper Fi, Do or Die, OO-Rah, OO-Rah!" over and over again.

Now St. Peter is watching and he goes to God and says, "Lord, what do I do to stop this guy?" God tells St. Peter, "Why don't you take his brain? It's the root of all
thought."

So St. Peter takes the guy's brain. It doesn't faze him. "Semper Fi, Do or
Die, OO-Rah, OO-Rah!" St. Peter then says, "Now what?!" God replies, "Why
don't you take his heart? It's the seat of all emotion.

"So St. Peter takes it. Doesn't faze the guy. "Semper Fi, Do or Die, OO-Rah,
OO-Rah!" St. Peter says, "Now what should I do?!" God smiles and says, "Take his cojones." So St. Peter takes the guy's dodads. The guy stops rowing, looks confused, turns his boat around, and begins chanting,

>Scroll down for punch line!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

"Off we go, into the wild blue yonder..

Oh man, that's messed up!
cool.gif
It's all good......before long people will find out the Air Force is transforming from a business like organization into a fighting force were much more people are involved in actual combat missions.

Air Force transporters (yours truly) have been committed to the Army to do convoys until '07. We've already lost 2 guys.....not because we do few runs, but because we are more disciplined and better trained than Army transporters. We've been doing 50% of the Army's convoys for about a year now.....maybe more!
In fact, Army special forces specifically request us when they need to go from point A to point B.....no lie!

LastZ I served in the USAF base security from 1974-1978.Just missed Vietnam. Certified on the M-16,M-60 machine gun and the M-203 grenade launcher. Trained alongside Marines and Army specialty teams.The AF special ops teams are probably the least known but best trained fighting teams anywhere.Keep up the good work. You're in a lot of peoples thoughts every day.

"The AF special ops teams are probably the least known but best trained fighting teams anywhere"

Yup, AF pararescue. They are studs...Only about a few hundred of 'em.

Doug

Combat control teams and "PJ"'s are exactly who I was referring to. Wish they got more recognition for what they do.

Combat control teams and "PJ"'s are exactly who I was referring to. Wish they got more recognition for what they do.

They get the recognition they want, USAF Special Ops are low keyed with very little media buzz.

Well since this thread is about marines and such, I want to share something that happened to me today.

I have a marine corps service ring I wear and went into mcdonalds today to get some lunch. The kid behind the counter saw my ring and asked me if it was a marine ring? I told him it was. Then he asked me "Do you have to....like...kill someone to get one of those?"

No, I didn't think of that. Wish I had of. Told him I bought it from the px.

I was thinking later I should have told him "Well if I told you I'd have to kill you".

quote:

Originally posted by alloy:
Well since this thread is about marines and such, I want to share something that happened to me today.

I have a marine corps service ring I wear and went into mcdonalds today to get some lunch. The kid behind the counter saw my ring and asked me if it was a marine ring? I told him it was. Then he asked me "Do you have to....like...kill someone to get one of those?"

How did you respond? Shoulda said "yup, gotta find a kid that ask's a lot of questions"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back