Man's attempt to provide proof to Amazon his package did not arrive

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Boingboing.net? A website I will never visit. Is a man taking a picture of his empty hands on a porch newsworthy?

If the package doesn't arrive (and tracking confirms as such) and Amazon doesn't comply, file a credit card chargeback. If the package arrived logistically and was stolen, move to a safer neighborhood, install cameras, contact the police, you have several options for any scenario.

Boingboing.net? A website I will never visit. Is a man taking a picture of his empty hands on a porch newsworthy?
This is the humor section.

Think it was a bit of comic relief, as smart and stacked with brilliant staff, how can Amazon's processes include requesting proof of something that did not happen.

Reminds me of a recent experience I had with my mother's internet provider in Florida (Windstream). She had somehow locked herself out of her email so I was attempting to help her get her password reset. After going through the usual questions, I hit submit, and the screen actually said it was going to send an email that I need to click on to reset the password. Customer service is unbelievable these days.

Reactions: GON
Reminds me of a recent experience I had with my mother's internet provider in Florida (Windstream). She had somehow locked herself out of her email so I was attempting to help her get her password reset. After going through the usual questions, I hit submit, and the screen actually said it was going to send an email that I need to click on to reset the password. Customer service is unbelievable these days.
many moons ago, before we all had 24/7 internet access in our pockets, in fact, cameras on phones was a new thing, the power was out at my apartment. I called on the land line that still worked to see if there was a timeline for restoration...
one of the automated msgs told me i could report an outage/check on outage statuses via their website....
which at the time would involve using a PC that required electricity...

within a couple years that msg made perfect sense, as the world was moving toward smartphones, but at the time....not so much.

Happened to me too with ATT. Phone call was the only solution. Not uncommon. Need to have at least two means of email access as a back-up.

one of the automated msgs told me i could report an outage/check on outage statuses via their website....
which at the time would involve using a PC that required electricity...

Even then, some people might have had a generator, a UPS, or 24x7 access to an office where the power is still on.

Back