Manny the Manx Feral Cat

I made friends with this guy last summer and got him neutered last August and have been feeding him ever since.
He's become quite a sweet, lovable guy.
I have a small dog kennel out back with a heating pad for cold days that he naps in though he seems to leave to sleep somewhere at night.

I'm proud of the way I've improved his health and made him become a big strong boy.

P1010016a.jpg

Last edited:
I was feeding a yellow tabby a few years ago I named chuck , chuck had a schedule I had to keep or chuck was grumpy . He was a big boy to say the least . I thought he was home less . Saw a guy at the grocery store that lived about a mile away one day and it turned out chuck was his and returned home every night . And all along that **** cat had me buying his dinner and feeling sorry for him .

Before the black plague in Europe cats were prevalent. They did not know it was the rats/fleas that caused disease. Pope Gregory IV called them evil and put them on a hit list. Rats took over and the rest were history.

I live in Michigan and my family moved here in the 1770s . Of coarse it's was wild as wild could be . Lumbering and fur trading was their main occupation up untill 1860s .
I have all the correspondence and records in my possession from back then. The fur trading records are really interesting with the animals that they skinned for their fur. Of course all the basic animals that you would think but one animal that stood out was feral cats. Their furs and skins were the lowest price of any animal . A bobcat brought about 10 times as much as a feral cat.

Looks like a cat we had growing up! Same breed and colorings, and weight!! 🤣

Glad you made a friend, hope he hangs with you when you change your oil!!

Do you think he’s truly feral, or possibly just homeless? Feral cats tend to not want anything to do with humans since they didn’t have any human interaction as babies/kittens.

Do you think he’s truly feral, or possibly just homeless? Feral cats tend to not want anything to do with humans since they didn’t have any human interaction as babies/kittens.
He lets me pick him up and pat him anytime but he doesn't want to stay in the house. I took him in during severe cold weather to eat, and then he'd go to the door and want to be let out in the cold again. Some cats were born outdoors and don't want to be indoor cats, especially when there are 2 veteran resident cats here.

Kind of like owning a cat without the hassle of the litterbox and what to do with him when you go away?
Yes but that includes the worry of something happening to him. I'd feel awful if he got hurt or killed.
He's gentle and playful.

It's a shame the same effort to get feral/homeless/abandoned dogs off the street and into homes isn't made for free running cats. IMO if you're worried about his safety find him a good home.
He lets me pick him up and pat him anytime but he doesn't want to stay in the house. I took him in during severe cold weather to eat, and then he'd go to the door and want to be let out in the cold again. Some cats were born outdoors and don't want to be indoor cats, especially when there are 2 veteran resident cats here.

Ours was born feral, from a feral mother. I've "known" him since he was a few inches tall.

He doesn't like to stay indooors and goes regularly for walkabouts for weeks on end. Every time I fear that's the last time I've seen him. He's been gone 3 weeks now...

I can pick him up, pet him, do whatever I want EXCEPT I can't put him on my lap, he simply won't stay. I can however put my legs over him no problem. He will stay under there until he gets too hot.

Back