Mann - Corolla - Paper and foam !!! (see photo)

Purchased a Mann air filter for my Corolla and I was suprised to see not only does it have the paper element of similar design to OE or pattern filters I have used in the past, but it also has a foam section glued to the paper element. Don't know if better or worse than the pure paper OE design, but it was only £1 more than the unknown branded paper filter at the same online shop. Cheers, Nick

I believe this will be a fine filter! Depending on the brand of filter I buy for my Lexus, it's either paper(aftermarket) or cotton fiber material(like the OE). I try to buy the OE style but, I don't think you have anything to concern yourself with.

I started buying the mann oil filters for the matrix on rockauto, they are well made also. I will stick with that brand, and they are very cost effective.

Originally Posted By: NGRhodes
Purchased a Mann air filter for my Corolla and I was suprised to see not only does it have the paper element of similar design to OE or pattern filters I have used in the past, but it also has a foam section glued to the paper element. Don't know if better or worse than the pure paper OE design, but it was only £1 more than the unknown branded paper filter at the same online shop. Cheers, Nick
cold weather filter. The foam is there, aside as a pre-filter, is to catch snow and slush, so it does not reach the paper element. Many european cars have the cold weather filter option, as it depends on region.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Bulgaria is better than China!
I would decide ad hoc, case by case. Geography is not the sole qualifier of a product.