Manly and unmanly foods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll credit JHZR2 with the idea for this topic. Without him mocking me for eating an unmanly soyrizo I would have never thought of categorizing foods as either manly or unmanly. Drinks, sure, but food? Not until now! But I am willing to learn the ways of manly foods. I just hope I won't have to do yoga to get rid of my manly beer belly, because that surely wouldn't be a manly activity.

Clearly, steak is a manly food, especially when I've hunted, cleaned, skinned, butchered and spit-roasted the bison myself.

List some manly and unmanly foods!

hotwheels

I eat what tastes good to me...period...but for the sake of this topic here it goes. Manly food that I eat, beef jerky. "Un-manly food that I eat, humus and pita chips.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I've always found prawn cocktails to be a little bit girly.

Whatever you do, don't dance The Nutbush while slurping your prawn cocktail!

hotwheels

The Coctel de Camaron is un-manly?

236924c87de1b4fda6a607e32051abf9.jpg

Originally Posted By: Spazdog

The Coctel de Camaron is un-manly?

This is Oz style..
Prawn-cocktail-683.jpg

$12 for 3-4 prawns.

but I see your point

Manly - trail mix, pizza, tacos, pretzels, peanuts, cashews, burgers with bacon, fried chicken

Not manly - salad, iced coffees, grilled chicken, pudding, jello

every meal should be cooked with good high quality ingredients, with the best skills the cook has, and the time needed to do it. and in the end served to your loved ones and friends. then it does not matter if it is manly or unmanly.

Just my humble opinion

I eat and drink what I like. If I'm out with my wife and she stops by Starbucks, we both get a Frappuccino. She'll say, these are soooo good. If we get food from Wendy's I usually get a large salad and unsweetened iced tea.
I'm married to a long legged skinny modelesque chick. Chicks dig you eating & drinking what they like.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Chicks dig you eating & drinking what they like.

But wives dig feeding you what you like.

Case in point - every Saturday for almost 30 years now, my wife has cooked me the following for breakfast.

Two eggs, one pound of bacon, a stack of pancakes, a large bowl of grits with plenty of butter and salt, and a package of link sausage.

I call it: "The clogger."

Manly - Bacon, Eggs and Grits
Un-manly - Fruit Loops

Manly: Salmon, trout or catfish. Bonus points if you caught and cleaned it.

Unmanly: Tilapia. Still get bonus points if bought live and cleaned by you.

Manly: Live whole lobster. These things can do serious damage to a finger if you take the bands off their claws before killing them, and you should kill them before cooking them.

Unmanly: Buying already cooked whole lobster or just the tail.

Quote:

Manly: Live whole lobster. These things can do serious damage to a finger if you take the bands off their claws before killing them, and you should kill them before cooking them

The ones in New England are born with rubber bands around their claws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back