Man killed in Chevy Monte Carlo fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
9mm on my hip will get me out of …or INTO any car built.
Carbon Monoxide or smoke asphyxiation doesn't care what your carrying

Same for hypothermia or heat stroke

I don't understand what point your trying to make 🤷‍♂️

A sad loss nonetheless

A reminder for those of us driving older vehicles to keep up with them

If you take a look around the roads & parking lots these days, you'll notice some of the saddest motorized specimens are attempting to roam around out there...............
Plus I'm hearing the most hilarious sounds from them. Must be all the stolen cats? : )
This is why I'm big on mandatory inspections

But that's a sore subject on this forum

I'm sure there are plenty of other 20 year old ICE vehicles catching fire like brand new EV's.
Well, yeah - and many can be knocked out with a standard fire extinguisher 🧯
Diesel is one of the few fuel fires you can knock out with water …

This is why I'm big on mandatory inspections

But that's a sore subject on this forum
Yea-they did away with mandatory inspections in Utah-now at the local Walmart you see bald tires in the winter on mini vans with car seats.........

Yea-they did away with mandatory inspections in Utah-now at the local Walmart you see bald tires in the winter on mini vans with car seats.........
That’s sad - they made our inspection/registration process both easier and cheaper … but still seems like a robust checkup … I do mine at GoodYear so they sure don’t let worn out tires slip through …

Reactions: CKN
Carbon Monoxide or smoke asphyxiation doesn't care what your carrying

Same for hypothermia or heat stroke

I don't understand what point your trying to make 🤷‍♂️

A sad loss nonetheless

A reminder for those of us driving older vehicles to keep up with them
Point is: A Tool to break one or all the windows in an Instant is right by my hand…You think I can’t crawl out a window without taking a single breath of that bad air?
I think I can.

If you take a look around the roads & parking lots these days, you'll notice some of the saddest motorized specimens are attempting to roam around out there...............
When my cousins from the UK visit, they're astounded at some of the cars they see on the roads here. They would never be allowed there.

Well, yeah - and many can be knocked out with a standard fire extinguisher 🧯
Diesel is one of the few fuel fires you can knock out with water …
yes, people who never open their hoods, end up with valve cover leaks that can cause a fire. the vehicle is usually donated to them, they lack funds to perform repairs so why even pop the hood ?
Seen it more than once, the EV booster(s) need not worry, no EV will run long enough to deal with a third decade of life being abused like that.
The laws of physics & economics makes it so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back