Man, I'm likin' this Peak 5W30!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepboys reeled me in with 20 qts. of free Peak oil (and they threw in four free oil filters too).

I may be hooked.

The van is running quieter.

And with 1500 miles already on it, the Peak still looks nice and clean.

I may have to actually buy some of this after I run out of the free stuff.

Peak oil is made by Warren Distribution/Warren Performance Products, best I can tell by the bottles and markings/date codes. I have sort of put it up there with Supertech. I could be all wrong.

I like my oil dirty at 1500 miles. Means it is doing something........
wink.gif

Last edited:
I like mine fairly clean still and matching shiny silver in my valve cover where there is aluminum. Then I know the motor is clean too. Oh I use synthetic. Sorry.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I like my oil dirty at 1500 miles. Means it is doing something........
wink.gif

Yeah, it's oxidizing
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: KLowD9x
How are you getting free oil?

Is it syn?

No, it's dino oil

PepBoys had oil change special of 5 quarts Peak oil + Proline oil filter for $9.99 and Peak had $9.99 rebate with limit of 2 oil changes per address. So the final cost is sale tax + stamp. The OP uses 2 address to get 2 rebates and I did the same to get 20 quarts + 2 filters for the cost of sale tax + stamps.

Peak oil seems to be thinner than other brand name oils such as Chevron or Halvoline. Peak 10W30 pouring from the bottle seems to flow out faster than Chevron 5W30 at room temperature about 70F.

My only concern with Peak oil is that it is not on the GM 6094M list since I am a Chevy owner that is still under warranty. I like the specs and will consider it when the warranty runs out. The specs are similar to syn specs, but must be related to the addpack.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Peak oil seems to be thinner than other brand name oils such as Chevron or Halvoline. Peak 10W30 pouring from the bottle seems to flow out faster than Chevron 5W30 at room temperature about 70F.

I'm using Peak 10W-30 in the Daewoo I maintain right now and it's really smooth and quiet. Even moreso than I remember it being with other 5W-30's I've used in the past. Might just be a placebo effect however, as I don't get to hear the car very often.

Originally Posted By: Dominik
Who makes thi Peak oil?? I might be going to Michigan (Saginaw, there's AutoZone and Pep Boys and AAP) so I need some oil to hunt for

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
Peak oil is made by Warren Distribution/Warren Performance Products, best I can tell by the bottles and markings/date codes. I have sort of put it up there with Supertech. I could be all wrong.

I thought the Peak was thin for grade when I poured it in the car.

But it's running quiet and smooth.
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
It was free oil, of course you are gonna like it.
Bingo! We have a winner. FREE makes everything seem better. Not saying it's not a decent oil, just that being FREE sure doesn't hurt.

Originally Posted By: Dominik
Who makes thi Peak oil??
If it says WPP on the bottom of the bottle, it's made and bottled by Warren Petroleum Products. If it says WNE on the bottom, that means it's bottled by Warren but not manufactured by Warren.

My understanding is that it says WNE on the bottom, meaning that Old World Industries(parent) is making their own oil under the Peak name, and being bottled by Warren.

I hate to get picky here, but if Warren is bottling it, then they are blending or "manufacturing" it for Peak or Old World Industries. It's not like it is blended by Peak somewhere in their non-existant oil-blending facility and then shipped by bulk to WPP to be bottled. As far as "manufacturing" oil, most blenders buy all the components from suppliers and then build/blend each oil formula from those components.

So, at best, the oil is "manufactured" by WPP-a contract blender- to Peak's requirements. This is my current understanding. Someone please tell me if I am way off here.

^I think you could be right on that point, though I couldn't say for sure. On one the threads, I think it was G-MAN that gave the distintion between WPP, and WNE. Though, your explanation would leave little difference between the two acronyms.

Would that mean that the WPP on the bottom of Wally World 5w20 is made to Warren specs not WW?
21.gif

I will try and find the post with explanation, might take some time though.

Found it, here's the link. See what you think.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...999#Post1410999

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back