Man held hostage for hours and robbed at gunpoint after meeting woman from dating app

Status
Not open for further replies.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Wow, very weird story. Lots of lessons learned in this crazy story. This happened just a skip and a jump from where I live.

The man was in the apartment for five minutes before things turned very, very bad. George from Seinfeld shrinkerage bad.

ABC News: Man held hostage for hours and robbed at gunpoint after meeting woman from dating app.

Wow! is right. Some very messed up people and it seems that their bail seems rather low. The part where they attempted to force the victim to withdraw money from his bank via his cell phone and computer is a bit concerning to me. Are there protections for this? Could they have forced him to go to a drive-up teller/machine to withdraw money?

Last edited:
Wow! is right. Some very messed up people and it seems that their bail seems rather low. The part where they attempted to force the victim to withdraw money from his bank via his cell phone and computer is a bit concerning to me. Are there protections for this? Could they have forced him to go to a drive-up teller/machine to withdraw money?
I think many more charges could.have been filed than were, using electronics to commit bank fraud is a federal crime, I cant say for the state of Washington. Multiple additional charges could be filed for the forced naked pics, etc.

Last edited:
The very low bail amounts or complete lack of actual bail set around here for serious crimes is shocking. Especially for the past 10 years. Felonies and first-class misdemeanors.

Sentencing is another wildly questionable area here. Three years ago, a county judge here was quoted as telling a convicted man, "You deserve another chance." This was his 22nd trip to prison with five previous felonies. He got 18 months. They rarely press firearms violations, any of which would net a 5-year sentence.

Years ago a divorced friend of mine told me he went on one of the big sites - don't remember which.

He put in all his information correctly but put some low number in for income - said he had no matches in his immediate area.

He went back and changed only his income to the true number - I am guessing 6 figures easily. Said he had like a million matches in his area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back