Man dead for 8 years found hanging in apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
http://www.france24.com/en/20131023-mans-body-found-hanging-after-eight-years-flat-near-paris

Quote:
AFP - The new owner of an apartment near Paris made a shocking discovery last week when he took possession: the mummified body of the previous owner which had been hanging for eight years.

The body was found in the apartment in the Paris suburb of Bussy-Saint-Georges on Friday, after the flat was sold at auction following its repossession by the bank, police and judicial sources said.

The previous owner, a former security guard of Cambodian origin, appears to have committed suicide by hanging himself with a sheet.

The man, aged around 40 when he died, had not been heard from since 2005 when he filed a labour complaint against his firing.

He had cut ties with his family years before and neighbours believed he had returned to Cambodia.

His apartment was eventually sold after he failed to make mortgage payments and to cover building charges.

A police source said the new owner discovered the body when he arrived to inspect the apartment and entered with the aid of a locksmith.

"The body was in perfect condition, as was the apartment," the source said.

Investigators were unable to explain why the body had not decomposed.

crazy2.gif

Yikes, that's creepy! Probably the new owner will flip the place for a profit. Especially, since the place was in good condition.

Edit: How sad no one came looking for him. It's not like he did this in the woods and no one found him. It was in his own place.

Last edited:
Uh.

My wife's orignally from Cambodia & been here 23 years as a proud US Citizen.

Eight years to foreclose on a (literally) dead beat?

That's a really crummy legal system.

My friend's coworker was a customs officer that got a dui. He went to his backyard and shot himself under a tree since he was so ashamed. Found the next day when he didn't show for work and they went to his house. He got in a habit of going to happy hour a lot after work. Which is a slippery slope.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
overkill where r u finding all of these random stories?

You'll laugh, but the first one was linked from the article posted earlier about the cop with the pepper spray. The linking just kind of snowballed from there and so I posted the ones I found interesting.

Fella must have resembled a piece of beaf jerky or a rather obtuse pepperoni stick after eight years of hanging there. Geesh. You'd think somebody would have looked in on him a bit more.

Sad story. However it is instructive. They must not have junk mail in France. Otherwise, his mail box would have been a mess.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Fella must have resembled a piece of beaf jerky or a rather obtuse pepperoni stick after eight years of hanging there. Geesh. You'd think somebody would have looked in on him a bit more.

Beaf??

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
So you're saying he stiffed them on the rent? He must be a boring guy to hang out with.

Sorry had to.
Yeah,what a "dead-beat"

Originally Posted By: Turk
Uh.

My wife's orignally from Cambodia & been here 23 years as a proud US Citizen.

I had occasion to visit/work in Cambodia in the early seventies. Battembang, Kampong Saom, Phnom Penh, and some location in the northwest. Gentle friendly people. Beautiful country. Phnom Penh wowed me with the wide boulevards and white stone buildings. It was only when older did I see other French designed cities, like Washington, DC.

Thankfully, my outfit got all of our people out before the end. I was aghast at the revelations of the horror inflicted by the Khmer Rouge. Most of our employees that I knew of chose to go to France. I knew of none that chose the USA.

Cherish your wife.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
He could have been doing that auto-erotic asphyxiation thing.

definitely could tell you are from ohio on that one..
04.gif

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: satinsilver
He could have been doing that auto-erotic asphyxiation thing.

definitely could tell you are from ohio on that one..
04.gif

Caught him with his pants down.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Can't believe he left them hanging on the mortgage for 8 years!

May have been on auto pay and he had enough in his bank account to make payments for several years .

Originally Posted By: Stelth
Originally Posted By: andrewg

Beaf??

Thank you ever so much for pointing out my typo. I don't know what the world would do without fellas like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back