Man climbs over fence at McCarran airport in Las Vegas and climbs up onto airplane wing

I still am baffled on how he managed to climb up there, crazy

The flaps appear extended (I think they were about to takeoff?) so I’m guessing he climbed up the flap, or used the slat on the front basically as a pull-up bar.

With everything retracted it would be extremely challenging, but not impossible for a very athletic person.

The flaps appear extended (I think they were about to takeoff?) so I’m guessing he climbed up the flap, or used the slat on the front basically as a pull-up bar.

With everything retracted it would be extremely challenging, but not impossible for a very athletic person.
Impossible to fly?

He may have climbed up from the front using the engine cowl? The flight crew had shut down both engines well in advance as they saw him coming from the runway.

He may have climbed up from the front using the engine cowl? The flight crew had shut down both engines well in advance as they saw him coming from the runway.
That’s possible too. Everything is so smoothed-over around the engine though, might be tough. I’m sure someone could do it though.

Would have just taken off and watch to see how long he could hang on ... kind of like in the car when a spider is hanging onto the outside mirror. Will he make it to 60, 70, 80 ... ?? :LOL:

Back