Man climbs over fence at McCarran airport in Las Vegas and climbs up onto airplane wing

Pilots should have taken off , climb to 10,000 feet and turn the yoke left and right very quickly to shake the guy off the wing.

I doubt he would make it beyond the takeoff. Then there is the engine to worry about. Ingesting a human at takeoff would not be preferable.

Aside from the inevitable jokes somebody has to answer as to how this character got as far as he did. A fully loaded aircraft with a wing full of fuel should be protected better then that. If he was carrying some sort of explosive device..I guess the jokes would be in poor taste.

A CNN article said the plane had to go back to the gate for a full inspection, delaying the flight for about 4 hours.

What I want to know is how he got up there? I don't think you just climb up to a wing, but maybe I'm wrong. Unless he went out onto it from the interior (emergency exit)?

Pilots should have taken off , climb to 10,000 feet and turn the yoke left and right very quickly to shake the guy off the wing.
I don't think he would have made it past take off, would have to hold on pretty tight at 150-180mph.

It's probably impossible to have a guard near every fence that anyone can climb over. Same as a home alarm system, yeah it might be triggered but how long will it take for someone to show up?

I don't understand the negativity towards this undocumented passenger. He was only looking to fly to Portland for a better life (freebies and lax laws for looting).

The guy had the presence of mind to take his sneakers and socks off! More traction to climb the winglet I guess. That seemed to be his goal.

Back