Man buys 23 Burger King pies out of spite

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little extreme? Yeah but there have been some days where I may done the same thing. I would love to hear what the kid said once he finally got back in his car :p

The most disturbing part of the story a grown man decides for parents how a child should be treated. Then his supporters will blame others for every problem.

Mummy will need to explain to the kid: "You annoyed and angered the man, so he took all the pies." Maybe the kid will think about throwing tantrums in the future anyway. Who knows if it did any good.

Just freeze all those pies at home, they'll keep.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
The most disturbing part of the story a grown man decides for parents how a child should be treated. Then his supporters will blame others for every problem.

Get behind me in line dave1251, I'll buy all the pies to teach YOU a lesson!

The kid probably just threw a fit and forced Mommy to buy him ice cream on the way home.

Im sure it was a "feel good" move for him, regardless of how smart or stupid it was in reality.

But what bothers me is when he goes to some other "social media" to ask the population at large if he is a bad person. It was a publicity stunt for this guy, and not much else.

And that I find as idiotic as any move out there.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I am not certain that this is humor,,,,though I am sympathetic to the man's frustration...

I put it in the Humor section because the story is pretty funny.

That's fantastic. Just a shame that he didn't say anything to the kid on the way out. I would have pulled out a pie and ate it right in front of the little demon spawn and told him it was the very... last... one... EVER.

The term "Parent" is thrown around way too loosely anymore. Just because you can birth an offspring, it doesn't make you a parent in the classical sense where GUIDANCE is generally a consideration. Many people these days are far too obsessed with themselves and their social circle to pay proper attention to their offspring. Yes, I am a father and PARENT of a three year old son. I would have calmly exited the restaurant with my son in tow, then spent the entire drive home explaining why I would not reward him with a pie at the hint of that outburst developing.

People in my generation have not been known as the world's strictest parents. That being said, my ex-wife and I are not the most patient folks on the planet. We went through more than one public tantrum with our two kids. Their mom's response was to calmly say, "We're leaving" and then drag the kid to the car screaming and crying. My response was to - less calmly say, "We're outta here" and drag the kid to the car screaming and crying.

Sometimes, when you say "no" or enforce rules it can hurt in the pit of your stomach, but you know you are doing the right thing. I think, perhaps, that is when you know you are parenting. It's HARD.

Maybe putting up with the behavior too long is what leads to some of the violence perpetrated upon children by their own parents. Since it isn't "acceptable" to spank in public anymore you actually have to be careful about how physical you get with the kids in the outside world. My ex actually had someone yell at her about dragging my daughter out to the car. There was no violence involved, but my daughter was incredibly defiant at one point in her early childhood.

Originally Posted By: Jim_Truett

The term "Parent" is thrown around way too loosely anymore. Just because you can birth an offspring, it doesn't make you a parent in the classical sense where GUIDANCE is generally a consideration. Many people these days are far too obsessed with themselves and their social circle to pay proper attention to their offspring. Yes, I am a father and PARENT of a three year old son. I would have calmly exited the restaurant with my son in tow, then spent the entire drive home explaining why I would not reward him with a pie at the hint of that outburst developing.

OK. I disagree with your supposed actions because they are not stern enough in my opinion but that is your child. There is a big difference of you disciplining your child and a grown man acting like a child to dispense his form of discipline.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
But what bothers me is when he goes to some other "social media" to ask the population at large if he is a bad person. It was a publicity stunt for this guy, and not much else.

I found 8 tears in a Pure One filter. Am I a bad person?

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
That's fantastic. Just a shame that he didn't say anything to the kid on the way out. I would have pulled out a pie and ate it right in front of the little demon spawn and told him it was the very... last... one... EVER.

Same here.

If these parents (are they?) want to bring their little
unruly creatures out into public and let them disturb others and allow it to continue unabated, they have no integrity, and no honor, are NOT doing their job as parents, and they obviously do not give a poop about fellow citizens. I've seen other patrons leave establishments because of this nonsense.

Somebody has to do something, the guy taught both the little brat and more importantly the stupid excuses for parents a lesson, when you disturb other patrons you are going to have the favor returned.

The BK should have thrown the kid and his parent out of the place. After the kid continued to carry on and the parent did NOTHING to stop it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back