Man buys 23 Burger King pies out of spite

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But he started it first"

NOW, WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT ONE RECENTLY?????

BITOG contributors should the last people on the earth to comment about maturity of strangers. Buying all pies is just like mercy-locking a topic.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
"But he started it first"

NOW, WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT ONE RECENTLY?????

BITOG contributors should the last people on the earth to comment about maturity of strangers. Buying all pies is just like mercy-locking a topic.

Sure what about just walking away with the pies? What did the kid learn?

You can't always get what you want,
You can't always get what you want,
You can't always get what you want,(A pie at Burger King).
But if you try sometime,
You might find you get what you need!(No reward for bad behavior).

The man was clearly a Stones fan.

Ed

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Sorry I do not watch Family Guy. Please post a video I am willing to watch.

Sorry, Dave. It was the line I wanted. This scene is from the earliest run back in 1999. It was so wonderfully edgy back then. One of the things I like most about the show is how polarizing it is.

Why do you doubt he talked to the mom? I have talked to many parents and it rarely goes well. Buying the pies was absolutely within his rights- removing the child from the store or spanking the child (which I am certainly not a proponent of) are not within his rights. He did about the only thing he could to ensure that bad behavior was not rewarded. I wish all of society would do that- there would be less bad behavior. Regardless, the problem is the parent, not the kid.

ref

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Why should the rest of us be subjected to listening to the child throw a tantrum?

The "parent" failed when she did not remove her child from the restaurant, full stop.

The "parent" did not provide any evidence that she would not reward the behavior on display.

Both parent and child got a lesson in natural consequences. The natural consequences of forcing those around them to suffer the child's tantrum was someone decided to take the pies out of the equation.

Instant Karma!

Originally Posted By: Jim_Truett
So what should I do, beat him? Do you really think a more stern approach is necessary?

You seem to miss the point that people are getting tired of others not handling their business.

Your lack of comprehension is not my issue. You seem to miss the point that no one has the right to handle others business especially others concerning children. Unless the child is in clear and imminent danger.

Should I paddle your child then post about it on reddit? Because you are not handling your business to my standard? Please tell. Also you are reiterating my point about others are causing your problems.

So buying every pie in the restaurant then walking off without explaining your actions to the child solves issues? I thought the point of discipline is to teach a lesson. This story has thought me that I should take everything I can before you or anyone else has the opportunity take it.

Kid learns what he wants to learn. Might not get it the first time, but eventually, if it happens enough, the kid will learn that irritating others is not a reliable way to get what he wants.

Some how he has learned this behavior.

I might agree, that the guy might be more effective explaining his actions to the child.

But life isn't like that. The kid will run into bosses, co-workers, fellow students, neighbors, who simply won't put up with his tantrums and may or may not explain it to him.

Sometimes, you simply have to put the pieces of the puzzle together without any instructions.

If so called adults can't stop needlessly arguing here, why do you believe a kid would learn his lesson from this episode?

I don't think there is a reasonable expectation for the kid to learn it from a one-time event. Especially if the majority of the kids teachable moments are with mom who gives in to the behavior.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
If so called adults can't stop needlessly arguing here, why do you believe a kid would learn his lesson from this episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back