Malt Liquor: anyone like the stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Zima.. I picked up a single bottle of it since Miller re-released it last month..

Yup. Still tastes terrible.

Originally Posted By: yeti
Originally Posted By: car51
Who cares

exactly.
I like your pink hat. you look just like 'prone.

Problem is I am NOT GHT/Malfunction prone. Thanks for thinking this though
wink.gif

Hah, malt liquor. Reminds me of living in Mississippi where you could pick up a single of Steel Reserve 211, Colt 45, etc. at any gas station for a little of nothing. It was ok for what it was, high alc % for not much money. I've moved on from those; you can get craft brews with the higher %, but cost is much higher. Don't know if I've just gotten snooty, or don't like the hangover, but I stay away from the malt liquor.

Edit, come to think of it I seem to recall playing 40 hands with Steel Reserve. I think that would kill me nowadays...

Last edited:
In my lower income days a 40oz King Cobra was a Monday evening treat. It's just beer.

Originally Posted By: Delta
Hah, malt liquor. Reminds me of living in Mississippi where you could pick up a single of Steel Reserve 211, Colt 45, etc. at any gas station for a little of nothing. It was ok for what it was, high alc % for not much money. I've moved on from those; you can get craft brews with the higher %, but cost is much higher. Don't know if I've just gotten snooty, or don't like the hangover, but I stay away from the malt liquor.

Edit, come to think of it I seem to recall playing 40 hands with Steel Reserve. I think that would kill me nowadays...

Craft brews like GOLDEN MONKEY from Victory Brewing are the
Best

Originally Posted By: car51
Okay, I'll admit; I have a Mickeys once in a while. Although I only have Jack&Coke around the Christmas time or when its really hot outside. Anyone here like malt liquor like Mickeys, Labatt ICE?

I've never really tried a malt liquor, now i am curious.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Speaking of Zima.. I picked up a single bottle of it since Miller re-released it last month..

Yup. Still tastes terrible.

crackmeup2.gif

I'm not a fan of malt liquors. They're usually bottom of the barrel, cheap, give you a cloudy buzz, and a massive hangover if you drink one too many. Even just a 40 of Mickeys or even worse, Old English...
37.gif

I've had Steel Reserve and Mickey's on a few occasions. The latter isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The former, well think cheap gas and Listerine.

Mickey's from time to time. I actually like the taste and it's like a trip down memory lane. FYI, only drink a couple or you will have the worst hang over.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Used to swill Malt Duck in high school, when could get someone to get us some. Which wasn't very often.

**** Oh Man..... this just brought back some old memories! LOL! Grape Malt duck in those little bottles!! That stuff went down quick!
crazy2.gif

JP

Never liked the stuff. Reminded me of poverty growing up in Buffalo.

I used to deliver magazines when I was in college, I would see all the drunks grabbing 40's of malt liquor on lunch time.

When we were in college, we use to drink deuce-deuces of beer (22oz can). Mostly Labatt Blue or Molson.

Malt liquor is beer, some states in the US define beer ina certain alcohol range. Beer above that range is "malt liquor". It has nothing to do with ingredients or how it's made.

Malt liquor is made with more corn and has a higher sugar content that relates to a higher alcohol level.
I've really slowed down on it, but was a daily consumer for a long time. The 40oz. selection just isn't what it used to be as demand has moved toward the flavored "six pack in a can" (Colt45Blast) or the 16oz. cans of Natty Ice. Heck, the 64oz. jugs aren't even made any more.

While I drank a lot of kinds of them, Colt 45, Red Bull, St. Ides, and Crazyhorse will all have a place in my heart (and a hole in my stomach).

To answer the OP, yes absolutely. I prefer malt over beer. I don't know if it is the piece of mind that comes from paying so little for it or the actual flavor, but I definitely have a taste for the stuff.

I love a Brass Monkey too (I know that is the name of another cocktail, but I can't find any other name for orange juice and malt liquor so I'm using it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back