Malaysian 777 shot down over Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
No indication 100% just who who was responsible....but one thing is for sure....the world will now pay even bigger attention to what is going on in the Ukraine.
No valid reason to murder innocent people on a passenger aircraft.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andrewg
No indication just who who was responsible....but one thing is for sure....the world will now pay even bigger attention to what is going on in the Ukraine.

Another Malaysian 777 incident? CNN producers are probably ecstatic!

Last edited:
Sounds like it was fired from a Russian missile launcher. If this is so....we need to get involved and take a stand. Hard to imagine the Russians getting away with this. No excuse if it's an accident.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Then the entire lot of them from top to bottom should be fired and banned from network television--there is nothing to celebrate regarding the loss of life especially in a way such as this.

I think this is too good for new Ukrainian Government to be true (if the blame goes on rebels). They are already asking the west to hit Russia hard. Nothing good will come out of this...

Last edited:
No indication just who who was responsible....but one thing is for sure....the world will now pay even bigger attention to what is going on in the Ukraine.

We already know where it crashed, so there is no opportunity to sensationalize the search for the missing airliner. They'll won't be able to speculate if black holes or extraterrestrials are responsible.

Ukrainian army is equipped with same russian anti-air systems (Buk), so it doesn't tell which side the missile came from.

I'm surprised that with "military" aircraft being shot down in this region recently, that any commercial airliner would even risk flying over the Ukraine. Wasn't this a concern?

I'm surprised that with "military" aircraft being shot down in this region recently, that any commercial airliner would even risk flying over the Ukraine. Wasn't this a concern?

They just said on the news that this 777 was on the main commercial air traffic corridor from Europe to southeast Asia, so I'm assuming hundreds/thousands? of flights fly that route daily since it's a main air traffic control air corridor.

Last edited:
They just said on the news that this 777 was on the main commercial air traffic corridor from Europe to southeast Asia, so I'm assuming hundreds/thousands? of flights fly that route daily since it's a main air traffic control air corridor.

It was supposed to be on that corridor... no telling at this point how far they may have deviated.

Up to now, the separatists had only shoulder fired missiles with range up to 10,000 feet altitude. So, civilian aircraft at cruising altitude were safe. Now, that russians gave them the real thing with almost unlimited altitude:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buk_missile_system
All civilian aircraft are now scrambling to avoid that airspace.

This is horrible news. I didn't see it coming.

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
My guess is that it was an accident and we may very well never know who the operator was.

I know, russians denied it. They also denied a lot of things.

Are you going to believe Putin who denied he sent "green little men" troops to Crimea in the first place? I know all politicians lie, but he in a league of his own.

If it was cruising altitude of around 35,000 feet I would believe only a few missles could reach it? Something military grade and not just something a terrorist could get? Very sad story no matter how it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back